Freedom of the Seas vs NCL Pearl

nschille04

Hello,

My husband are trying to decide between RC's Freedom and NCL's Pearl. We have only previously cruised on Princess and really enjoyed that.

We are both in our mid-twenties and looking for a little more excitement than Princess had to offer-something of a nightlife, without people falling down drunk at 9am. We love hanging out by the pool, great food, and exploring the ship.

Our travel agent said NCL ships are not very fun but I believe she gets more benefit from selling RC.

Please share any insight you have on this. Thank you!

We, Hubby and I have been on both ships. We are "old farts"...in our 50s compared to you two chickens though. We were just on the Pearl last month so thats fresh in our minds and I can tell you about the night life there. I thought it was lacking. For one thing they had about three bars The Martini bar, Maltings, beer bar, and Champaigne bar configured in a kind of horseshoe patern in a big room on I beleive it was the 6th deck. I didnt like that as you didn't get the individual feel for each atmosphere no different music etc...They did have a nightclub called the bliss that looked kind of hip but they had a DJ who liked to scratch the records if u know what I mean where they sound like they are skipping...it just wasn't for me, but maybe cause Im older?? I thought there was a lot more to do on the Freedom and just basically prefer RCL.

Hello,

My husband are trying to decide between RC's Freedom and NCL's Pearl. We have only previously cruised on Princess and really enjoyed that.

We are both in our mid-twenties and looking for a little more excitement than Princess had to offer-something of a nightlife, without people falling down drunk at 9am. We love hanging out by the pool, great food, and exploring the ship.

Our travel agent said NCL ships are not very fun but I believe she gets more benefit from selling RC.

Please share any insight you have on this. Thank you!

No, your TA is being truthful. Those two ships are not even close. Freedom blows the Pearl out of the water. Also, on our Norwegian Star cruise last summer to Alaska, the only good food on board was in the specialty dining rooms. The absolute worst lido dining of any cruise ship that I have taken.

Archived