NCL Sun - Copenhagen - Ship to Airport?

Booked on NCL Sun for next May and was wondering if the ship, which says it docks at 5:00 a.m., would we be okay in booking a 9:05 a.m. flight out of the Copenhagen airport? We could do the "carry the luggage off yourself thing" and then catch a cab to the airport. Would we have enough time to clear security at the airport, etc., and make the flight? If not, our only other option is taking a 12:30 p.m. flight and then waiting 5 hours in Newark Airport for the connecting flight to Fort Lauderdale, which doesn't thrill me. Any advice would be greately appreciated. The ship docks on a Saturday at 5:00 a.m. Thanks.

You will have to be at the airport at 6:05 as they recommend passsengers to the US to be at the airport 3 hours before departure.

A taxi takes around 30 minutes to get to the airport so you have to get out of the ship as quick as possible but the ship can of course be late in port.

But why not stay another day in Copenhagen???

Unfortunately can't stay an extra day in Copenhagen upon docking, but have gone ahead and booked our air tickets as there really is not a lot of choice (without getting into the thousands of dollars per ticket) since we're traveling from Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen roundtrip. Booked Continental connecting in Newark with SAS and same for return. Only that one stop each way. Didn't want to do more than that. Since the 9:05 a.m. return seemed like it was playing roulette whether we made it or not off the ship on time, I booked the 12:25 p.m. departure, but have a 5 hour layover on return in Newark. I hate rushing through airports so I feel much more comfortable doing this. Happy Sailing!

Archived