Coral Breeze tours Snorkeling excursion

cruisebarbie

• 2 weeks later...

We did this tour last week and it exceeded expectations. The snorkeling at the reef was amazing. Some of the healthiest coral I've seen anywhere. Lots of fish and a green moray eel! At the stingray stop, we saw a nurse shark and a barracuda in addition to the stingrays. Lunch at Caye Caulker was excellent and we had about an hour to an hour and a half to explore Caye Caulker. The staff was very professional and it was a very well run tour. It was a long boat ride (about 45 minutes each way), but well worth it. I highly recommend Coral Breeze for the Caye Caulker snorkel trip!

Also trying to decide what to do in Belize. Just don't want to spend so much time on boats. Is there much to do on Caye Calker if we just take Coral Breeze tour to there? That is 39.00 compared to 75.00 for the snorkle and lunch. Not so much the money it just seems like a lot of boat time.

TY for any input

Also trying to decide what to do in Belize. Just don't want to spend so much time on boats. Is there much to do on Caye Calker if we just take Coral Breeze tour to there? That is 39.00 compared to 75.00 for the snorkle and lunch. Not so much the money it just seems like a lot of boat time.

TY for any input

Cutting out the snorkeling won't cut down on much on your boat time. The snorkel site is only about 3 minutes from Caye Caulker.

My husband has a bad back and last time we were in Belize we had a very bumpy ride on a small boat out to our snorkel spot. Was the Coral Breeze's boat large or small? How was the ride - was it bumpy? We are trying to decide whether to do this. Thanks.

Our trip wasn't that bumpy but seas were fairly calm. It's a power boat that goes pretty fast, but it is a decent sized boat. Many of the other operators use smaller boats.

We did the Coral Breeze several years ago and loved it. In fact, we liked it so well we're doing it again on our Belize port stop next week. The snorkeling was amongst the best we have ever done. The boat we were on was a good size, and I don't remember it being real rough.

Caye Caulker is an interesting place. It caters mainly to divers. Has no paved streets or cars. People get around by walking or by golf cart. Lunch is served in an outdoor restaurant attached to a little hotel. Good meal. but not gourmet.

We did this tour last week and it exceeded expectations. The snorkeling at the reef was amazing. Some of the healthiest coral I've seen anywhere. Lots of fish and a green moray eel! At the stingray stop, we saw a nurse shark and a barracuda in addition to the stingrays. Lunch at Caye Caulker was excellent and we had about an hour to an hour and a half to explore Caye Caulker. The staff was very professional and it was a very well run tour. It was a long boat ride (about 45 minutes each way), but well worth it. I highly recommend Coral Breeze for the Caye Caulker snorkel trip!

I really want to do this tour, but since it is our first cruise I'm a little nervous about missing the boat. I know they've been in business for years and will get us back, but..... So, to help easy my fears...maybe...can you tell me. We are in port from 8-5. what time would I book the tour for? What happens if I don't get the first tender out? How close was your timing to get back onto the ship?

Thank you for humoring my nerves! :o

I really want to do this tour, but since it is our first cruise I'm a little nervous about missing the boat. I know they've been in business for years and will get us back, but..... So, to help easy my fears...maybe...can you tell me. We are in port from 8-5. what time would I book the tour for? What happens if I don't get the first tender out? How close was your timing to get back onto the ship?

Thank you for humoring my nerves! :o

We were back a good two hours before the last tender. They are very in tune with the cruise ship schedules. This is a very well organized outfit...I wouldn't worry about it.

My husband has a bad back and last time we were in Belize we had a very bumpy ride on a small boat out to our snorkel spot. Was the Coral Breeze's boat large or small? How was the ride - was it bumpy? We are trying to decide whether to do this. Thanks.

Let's put it this way...we were sitting under the covered portion of the boat and we were hitting our HEADS on the ceiling. Not that anyone apparently noticed or cared. :rolleyes:

Let's put it this way...we were sitting under the covered portion of the boat and we were hitting our HEADS on the ceiling. Not that anyone apparently noticed or cared. :rolleyes:

Well, that answers that question for us. Can't risk anymore neck/back problems, especially while traveling. Will have to find something tamer for us. Thanks for the responses.:(

We were with Coral Breeze in mid November & I sat under the boat's roof, as I do not need more sun, & I had a smooth ride out & back & snorkeling was as good as it gets.

There were about 16 on the boat leaving the tourist village & half stayed on Caye Caulker while we snorkeled, which left us with just eight for snorkeling.

This was one of our best day yet with Coral Breeze !

We were with Coral Breeze in mid November & I sat under the boat's roof, as I do not need more sun, & I had a smooth ride out & back & snorkeling was as good as it gets.

There were about 16 on the boat leaving the tourist village & half stayed on Caye Caulker while we snorkeled, which left us with just eight for snorkeling.

Is it necessary to pre-book with Coral Breeze or will we just find them around the dock? Are there others with boats at the dock area offering just snorkel trips to the reef?

I have never arrived in Belize by cruise ship. I had an extended stay on Ambergris Caye and took several short boat trips out to the reef to snorkel. I was some of the best snorkeling I have done. Got to see some other parts of Belize during that time also.

Point being, the possibility is out there and entirely depedant on sea conditions. When you're messing with neck and back and spinal cord conditions, most people don't want to roll the dice.

Well, that answers that question for us. Can't risk anymore neck/back problems, especially while traveling. Will have to find something tamer for us. Thanks for the responses.:(

You don't have to sit under the covered portion but any of the boats heading out for snorkeling are going to be bumpy because they need a fast boat to get to the reef and back because of the distances. I think you should pass on any snorkeling excursion out to the barrier reef in Belize.

Is it necessary to pre-book with Coral Breeze or will we just find them around the dock? Are there others with boats at the dock area offering just snorkel trips to the reef?

I have never arrived in Belize by cruise ship. I had an extended stay on Ambergris Caye and took several short boat trips out to the reef to snorkel. I was some of the best snorkeling I have done. Got to see some other parts of Belize during that time also.

I put an $11 deposit down in advance with the balance due on the dock but I think they will take your money on the dock if they have space available. It is Hammerhead sports that does the snorkeling excursion for Coral Breeze and they have a table in front of the Wet Lizard that says Hammerhead. There are also other companies on the dock who offer trips to the reef. I think it is better to go with one of the companies that have positive reviews on Cruise Critic but if you are savvy I think you could book on the docks.

Just tried to book with Coral Breeze but it said for our ship the times won't work so we can't. I'm really disappointed since this was the one excursion I thought would be the highlight of the trip. Going the week before with Christmas so it will be busy. Would it be safe to try to get something when we get in or should we cave tube and hope to do this next time?

We were in Belize last Thursday, booked the Caye Caulker snorkeling tour through Coral Breeze/Hammerhead Watersports. We had to wait two hours before we finally got started, no one seemed to be in charge of check-in. The equipment was in poor shape, staff wasn't much help fitting it for my son. He got into a bit of trouble during the first snorkel segment because his fins were too big. Fortunately, one of the guides was very helpful in getting him back to the boat. Unbelievably, the main tour guide started yelling at the guy who helped my son. This totally baffled me, since the guy was doing his job! Also, there was an incident on Caye Caulker during our lunch where a child in our tour group broke a concrete fountain at the restaurant. A argument ensued between the restaurant owner and the child's father, and the main tour guide started yelling at the child's father. Then the police got involved, which wasn't necessary. At any rate, I won't use Coral Breeze again. Very disappointed, not the way to insure repeat business or good recommendations.

We were in Belize last Thursday, booked the Caye Caulker snorkeling tour through Coral Breeze/Hammerhead Watersports. We had to wait two hours before we finally got started, no one seemed to be in charge of check-in. The equipment was in poor shape, staff wasn't much help fitting it for my son. He got into a bit of trouble during the first snorkel segment because his fins were too big. Fortunately, one of the guides was very helpful in getting him back to the boat. Unbelievably, the main tour guide started yelling at the guy who helped my son. This totally baffled me, since the guy was doing his job! Also, there was an incident on Caye Caulker during our lunch where a child in our tour group broke a concrete fountain at the restaurant. A argument ensued between the restaurant owner and the child's father, and the main tour guide started yelling at the child's father. Then the police got involved, which wasn't necessary. At any rate, I won't use Coral Breeze again. Very disappointed, not the way to insure repeat business or good recommendations.

Unfortunatly if you break something in a third world country unless you are quick to hand out twenties the police will be called. I expect compensation was what the argument was about. And they will hold the tour operator responsable for getting compensation.

As far as delay getting started the tour starts on Belize time and most of the ships are an hour different as they stay on ship time. We had to wait an hour when I was there a week before you and they did wait for people who made reservations. Belize is a tender port and it takes time to get off the ship and to the dock.

On my tour they were taking time fitting people but I can't comment on the quality of the equipment since I bring my own to get the best fit.

The reef was so wonderful that I would do it agian and use Coral Breeze since in my experience of many similiar snorkeling trips over many years Hammerhead was okay. I have seen better but I have seen a lot worse.

This particular excursion is probably not well suited for beginners.

Something everyone needs to remember is that this is another country. Often regulations for safety and equipment, that many of us are used to and take for granted in the US, do not exist. Have you heard the expression, "Island Time?" Time and schedules tend to be more relaxed. Be aware of local ways. Be accepting and try to fit in. If this is not your style, consider taking a ship tour.

Archived