Lost Luggage in Barcelona at debarkation

nan95gram

Has anyone ever lost a bag between their cabin and the debarkation area?

Well, I did on the 10/16-23/10 AZAMARA QUEST. How can my huge garment bag disappear between those two points? I'll tell you how....no

security in the luggage area. If you had to show your sea/sail card and

match it to your luggage tag, I'd have my bag today. Everything I purchased in each port is gone. Azamara will give me $300.00 for compensation. The suitcase cost almost that much!! Even though I have

travel insurance, that is not the point. How do you replace all your special clothing, shoes, etc. that one takes on a cruise. To top it off, we

were getting on a Celebrity Cruise two berths down, and I got on another

7-day cruise with NO CLOTHING. Celebrity was wonderful and did all they

could to make our vacation somewhat enjoyable. However, when I told

Azamara our 2nd cruise was ruined, they offered us a $300 credit on

another Azamara cruise. This was a very sad experience. Every day I

reach for something and have to remind myself it was in the luggage!

Anyone else ever lose a bag like this????:(

Hi Nan95gram !

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Sorry to see your first post is an unhappy one, though your frustration is understandable.

Unfortunately, Luggage losses do happen. We lost a piece of luggage a few years ago. I did not realize it, until we were outside the terminal. The fact that we stepped 20 feet outside of the terminal, gave the Cruise Line (not Azamara) reason not to compensate us. They kept telling us that once we left the terminal, they were not responsible. Lesson learned.

A couple of things to mention.... while the loss may have been Azamara's fault, your bag could have been taken by another passenger, or it could have been the mistake of a Porter at the Terminal, who does not work for Azamara.

The fact that Azamara offered you $300.00 in compensation seems fair to me. With that said, the fact that another Cruise was disrupted in some way, had to be upsetting. Did you purchase Cruise Insurance ? Perhaps they could cover the overage, if you feel that you incurred a loss greater than $300.00 .

Again, sorry to hear this happened. I wish you all the very best.

Hey Nan95gram it's Lori from the cruise! I am appalled that Azamara has not been more helpful. When I first saw the post I thought it might be another pax that also had a bag stolen from the holding area.

The holding area is supposed to be secured. If another pax had accidently taken the bag then they should be contacting you by now, even if they were confused enough to mistake your bag for theirs and fly it home.

If it is any consolation (probably not) you always looked fantastic every time I saw you. It is almost a pity they didn't lose Matt's bags; men rarely care what they wear and it is easier to replace. I just wish you didn't lose so much port time shopping for "adequate, acceptable clothing" instead of sightseeing or pleasure shopping.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that someone just accidently took the bag and will get it back to you somehow.

Hugs,

Lori

Hi:

We had a similar experience. We were leaving Constellation in Barcelona in October and going to the airport to Rome to get on Quest. We were priority and one piece of our luggage (which I usually take off myself) wasn't on our carousel (I did think this was a better way than having it all piled up). The agents checked all the other carousels and an hour and a half after we got there....no luggage. We were starting to panic since we had another cruise lined up.

I filled in the luggage claim form and then a taxi driver arrived. Another passenger had taken our bag and didn't realize until the airport and sent it back. Relief.

In Rome no one checked at the carousels either....they don't in Toronto...anyone unfortunately could take your luggage.

DavidTravels

Archived