Insensitive About The Help

encinatis

All I have heard, is how tough it was on the ship, no A/C, no tiolet facilities no lights.. boo hoo. What about the help people! the hard working men and woman who wait on you hand and foot for basically tips..Carnival doesn't even pay them minimum wages.

Do you really think anyone thought to tip them?? Do you really think Carnival will pay them extraicon5.gifI Doubt It!! Seems like all we think about these days are ourselves.

We need to bring back old values, and teach our children properly.Do unto others...

Carnival has said that they will be covering the tips that the help would have missed from this.

All I have heard, is how tough it was on the ship, no A/C, no tiolet facilities no lights.. boo hoo. What about the help people! the hard working men and woman who wait on you hand and foot for basically tips..Carnival doesn't even pay them minimum wages.

Do you really think anyone thought to tip them?? Do you really think Carnival will pay them extraicon5.gifI Doubt It!! Seems like all we think about these days are ourselves.

We need to bring back old values, and teach our children properly.Do unto others...

Carnival is taking care of these folks, I assume you are talking about the Splendor staff? They will be getting their regular pay, plus what they would have averaged in tips, plus hotel accommodations, time off and meal stipends.

Why are you so negative?

Good to hear someone thinking of the crew. BTW, how much are you going to send to make up for their lost wages? :rolleyes:

Seems your on a rant about nothing. The help?

I think more received tips on there. Those of us that cruise often know how hard the crew work and tip them extra. I hope those on board did as well! I know there were lots of new cruisers but the average person know these people don't work for free and hope some were generous to the crew. I commend all those working on the Splendor and hope all are well taken care of! We have always had wonderful service on Carnival and if any of you that were give a free cruise and don't want to go, please pass it on to us and we would be glad to cruise for you!

You have sailed on RCCL, not on Carnival according to your past posts. How do you know what Carnival will or will not due?

As for the CREW (not the 'help' as you refer to them), they are being taken care of. Maybe you need a few lessons in values yourself huh?

I have heard the stories of hardship too. I think it is completely unfair to characterize it as "all I have heard". I have heard many stories of making the best of the situation, I have heard high praise for crew reportedly working around the clock to make things bearable.

As others have noted Carnival has announced plans to ensure that their staff are taken care of (tips as anticipated, hotel, meal stipend etc.).

Kudos to everyone for making the best of a very difficult situation!!

I explained this in another thread... The employees who normally get tipped will have their salary augmented by the amount that they would have received had everyone paid the standard gratuity.

Additionally, they are being provided lodging in some very nice hotels in San Diego, given vouchers for meals in near by restaurants and an additional $150.

Carnival didn't forget about the folks who make cruises special experiences... not at all...

:)

CCL taking care of their employees were announced even before your post. AND someone bashing no minimum wage has been gone over (and over and over) before in here.

What's up with the attitude? Or, do you work for CNN?

Archived