Afternoon tea on QM2

SALAD MUNCHER

Afternoon tea is served in the Grills as well as the Queens Room and the KC and also served to you outside on deck 7 if the weather is good.

Having triend tea in every room on the ship now, I would have to be honest and say the Queens room is the place to be.(my choice) but is has it all in there

If you do not want the "whole" afternoon tea , and if you are prepared to pay for just the tea, then you can visit Sir Samuels, where they do have very good pastries (free) (especially strawberry tarts), and you can satisfy your sweet tooth without eating a great deal.

Lynn

We were in Princess Grill in September and had afternoon tea in the Grills lounge. It was perfect, lots of choice of sandwiches and lovely sweet treats.

The service was amazing and the Grills Lounge is less hectic than the Queens Room.

Would say if you have paid for the grills go and try afternoon tea in the grills lounge.

You could always try both if you have the time. You could then see for your self which you prefer.

Catherine

If you do not want the "whole" afternoon tea , and if you are prepared to pay for just the tea, then you can visit Sir Samuels, where they do have very good pastries (free) (especially strawberry tarts), and you can satisfy your sweet tooth without eating a great deal.

Lynn

Hi Lynn, Not long now until your Caribbean trip on QM2. Hope you have a lovely time. Maybe one day we will meet again in Sir Samuels, I can just see you now in your favorite spot near the window.

Enjoy

Catherine

I know that afternoon tea is served in the Queens Ballroom, but if you are a grillls passenger is there a different place where afternoon tea is served, for example in the grills lounge?;)

_________________________-

As mentioned by other posters, yes. If you are in the Grills for your Accomodations and Dining, you have the very nice additional option of having a somewhat enhanced tea service in the Grills Lounge. When I ahave been fortunate enough to have that option, it is indeed my favorite place for tea. Some of my fellow travellers last Xmas in Princess Grill still much preferred to go down to the Queen's Room on 3 for tea, primarily because of the daily variation of live music (and even tea dancing at least once), and also for the "grandeur" of it all. The settings are quite different. The basics are the same otherwise, but in The Grills Lounge there are additional specialty sandwiches (which often turn up at night on the 11 pm Kings Court buffet), more tea options, etc. This is a great place to head if coming back (hungry) from a tour. Just don't cut it too close. If you can get there by 4:15 pm or so you will still be cheerfully welcomed and served. Any later than that you may feel rushed.

Another option if you are in the Grills is to stop by the Concierge Lounge where tea sandwiches, some sweet cakes and such and tea are available but not in large supply. Self serve there, but quite pleasant. You may also be able to have tea served in your room, if arranged with Room Service.

King's Coiurt/Lotus is a self service option for all.

Sir Samuel's is also, as noted already in this posting, a great spot for a quick afternoon bite (and available to all) -- beverages have a cost, but the food is complimentary. Actuallly, this is a fun spot to become familiar with as it switches from breakfast pastries in the am, to light lunch options (just 3 or four/sandwich/salad/quiche) and then to wine and cheese bar later in the evening.

If you are on board for a while, you may enjoy all the tea location options (and maybe the Sir Samuel's options as well!).

Enjoy your trip!:)

Oh dear, I think our cabin is down in the engine room, I didnt realize there was "cabin" specific dining!

You need have no concerns, I assume that you will be dining in the Britannia Restaurant and the food and service is fine. You will have a great time. I am sure... I always do.

_________________________-

As mentioned by other posters, yes. If you are in the Grills for your Accomodations and Dining, you have the very nice additional option of having a somewhat enhanced tea service in the Grills Lounge. When I ahave been fortunate enough to have that option, it is indeed my favorite place for tea. Some of my fellow travellers last Xmas in Princess Grill still much preferred to go down to the Queen's Room on 3 for tea, primarily because of the daily variation of live music (and even tea dancing at least once), and also for the "grandeur" of it all. The settings are quite different. The basics are the same otherwise, but in The Grills Lounge there are additional specialty sandwiches (which often turn up at night on the 11 pm Kings Court buffet), more tea options, etc. This is a great place to head if coming back (hungry) from a tour. Just don't cut it too close. If you can get there by 4:15 pm or so you will still be cheerfully welcomed and served. Any later than that you may feel rushed.

Another option if you are in the Grills is to stop by the Concierge Lounge where tea sandwiches, some sweet cakes and such and tea are available but not in large supply. Self serve there, but quite pleasant. You may also be able to have tea served in your room, if arranged with Room Service.

King's Coiurt/Lotus is a self service option for all.

Sir Samuel's is also, as noted already in this posting, a great spot for a quick afternoon bite (and available to all) -- beverages have a cost, but the food is complimentary. Actuallly, this is a fun spot to become familiar with as it switches from breakfast pastries in the am, to light lunch options (just 3 or four/sandwich/salad/quiche) and then to wine and cheese bar later in the evening.

If you are on board for a while, you may enjoy all the tea location options (and maybe the Sir Samuel's options as well!).

Enjoy your trip!:)

Its always nice to hear from you, I do hope we get to cruise again sometime, My preference is still the Queens room, I love the music, the dancing and the grandeur, its always best when Geraldine or Toni are there playing the beautiful harp.

Likewise. Was sorry our choices did not overlap this year! I board on Tuesday -- can't wait! Will be Britannia/late seating, and will indeed be a frequent attendee of Afternoon Tea in the Queen's Room this trip. A beautiful, spacious and elegant room, and certainly the likes of which one will not find on many if any new ships (except Cunard). Hope you have been enjoying your travels, and that our paths will cross again!

Likewise. Was sorry our choices did not overlap this year! I board on Tuesday -- can't wait! Will be Britannia/late seating, and will indeed be a frequent attendee of Afternoon Tea in the Queen's Room this trip. A beautiful, spacious and elegant room, and certainly the likes of which one will not find on many if any new ships (except Cunard). Hope you have been enjoying your travels, and that our paths will cross again!

I am sure they will do, we now have a regular lunch meet in NYC, we will let you know the next time, maybe you can join us.

Enjoy your voyage, keep in touch

Thank you for all the replies. As this is our first time in the grills I think we will definately take advantage of tea in the grills lounge! We did have tea in the Queens room last year when we were doing a TA voyage, but it felt crowded and hurried, even though we queued up at the door beforehand, so we were not late in! Looking forward now to our trip on 27th November to the Carribean - hoping the hurricanes stay away!

Thank you for all the replies. As this is our first time in the grills I think we will definately take advantage of tea in the grills lounge! We did have tea in the Queens room last year when we were doing a TA voyage, but it felt crowded and hurried, even though we queued up at the door beforehand, so we were not late in! Looking forward now to our trip on 27th November to the Carribean - hoping the hurricanes stay away!

Most will say ne early and be first, my trick is to be a little late, there are always tables at the side near the windows, here you get better service, your not crowded in and you get to see and hear everything.

Oh dear, I think our cabin is down in the engine room, I didnt realize there was "cabin" specific dining!

Please do not worry over your cabin cat. I have done previous trips on Cunard, always booking D8/7. The cabins are quite comfortable, not over large but certainly adequate even for two people.

Service is also very acceptable. You get toiletries, a robe, slippers, and all the usual attention.

I will not pretend that these rooms are like the Grills but then neither is the price. Yes you can get the joy of a "free" upgrade, have had this quite frequently. My latest trip coming up Nov 27th saw me shifted from D8/7 to C3, and finally to C2 (deck 4 with window )

All the public rooms are accessable to you, and once out of your cabin no one will (or should not ) ask you which cabin you are in. As for dining, well of course Britannia is not the Grills, but the menus are more than acceptable, and if you do not like the items, you can ask for a limited number of alternatives.

These are:- Shrimp cocktail for appetizer, chicken,steak or salmon for main course. even if your waiter does not tell you this, they are available believe me. First seating is 6p.m, second is I think 8p.m ( I assume you are not in Britannia Club from your posting.

Have a wonderful trip.

Lynn

Do people change for tea? Or the tea dancing?

We were surprised to see several people all decked out (in gowns) for dancing at tea. The dancing and music is a high point and the tea and food is also good.

But, it was extremely crowded there and the tables are very tiny. Not bad for two people, but we wanted to have tea with friends and we could barely fit the small food plates and cups and saucers on the cocktail table.

Archived