"Hidden coin" on the Pride...

jennyleah25

Thanks! No, I want to know. Don't bother with hints.:) Someone on my roll call says he has inside info and is going to find it before me. He's probably keeping an eye on this thread, too (hi, James;)), but I want to even the odds, if I can.

Hello ShakyBeef. I see what you're up to.;):rolleyes:

Hi Jen,

Did you find the coin?

I'd love to know where it is!

Thanks!

WELL the one day I was on a mission to go out and look for it the winds were too high so the decks were off limits. After that I got caught up in the fun of the rest of the cruise activities and neglected to search. :rolleyes: Still interested in the whereabouts, though and we will be cruising on the Pride again so I can see it in person. I hope you are more determined than me - good luck!!!

WELL the one day I was on a mission to go out and look for it the winds were too high so the decks were off limits. After that I got caught up in the fun of the rest of the cruise activities and neglected to search. :rolleyes: Still interested in the whereabouts, though and we will be cruising on the Pride again so I can see it in person. I hope you are more determined than me - good luck!!!

Thanks for the reply, Jen! I can't imagine how you got caught in the fun on a cruise!:rolleyes::) Glad to hear you had a good time.

I'm going on the 23rd, so I will find it and report back to you all.

I almost didn't click on the posts here, as I don't want to know where it's at.

Melanie

I will be on the Pride on the 23rd also.If you find it, try to post while you are still on the ship, so I can go "find" it too.LOL

Do all carnival ships have a hidden coin....Does the Freedom?

The tradition of hidden coins goes back to Roman times. Here is a decent article with a little explanation.

If you google "step the mast", you'll find more.

Yes, all Carnival and other ships have these hidden coins or bills.

Some things should be left unknown for cruisers to find out and explore on board.

I agree. And I would think those who want to find the "hidden" coins on their own while onboard would not click on and read threads discussing the whereabouts of those coins.;)

Some of us, however would like to know ahead of time, so that we can go see the coin, take a picture, and then spend the rest our cruise time doing and seeing other things.:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Jen, I was on Pride's Jan 16-23 cruise and did find the coin. In fact, I pointed it out to a number of people I met aboard from the Roll Call. So here's what I'm going to do. Some want to look for it on their own... no problem... DON"T LOOK CLOSELY AT MY PICTURES. For those who want a hint on where it is, go to my issustrated cruise write-up and look thru the images and you'll see it. Here is a link.....

http://pasqualehome.com/PrideJan2011/PrideJan2011.htm

Can't wait to cruise again and search for another! Take care.

Yeah! :D

Thanks! I did not know about these coins until I saw your post - I'm excited to see where it is on the Pride. WELL, I'm excited to be on the Pride with or without coins lol :p

I bet a member of the staff could at the very least give us a hint :cool:

I googl*d Carnival ship coin and found a CC thread with a picture from the $2 bill and coin on the Pride.

I googl*d Carnival ship coin and found a CC thread with a picture from the $2 bill and coin on the Pride.

OK, I did the google search... no picture. I found the "coin" on Pride and there was NO $2 bill. How about posting a link to the picture you mentioned? Thanks...

OK, I did the google search... no picture. I found the "coin" on Pride and there was NO $2 bill. How about posting a link to the picture you mentioned? Thanks...

If you look at this cruiser's pictures, you will see the "good luck coin" in one of them. I cannot copy his picture as it is copyrighted.

Here's the link to the thread on this very board. It's the picture of the Destiny I was looking at.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1308738&page=2

Title is "FOund the superstition coin...................

Jen, I was on Pride's Jan 16-23 cruise and did find the coin. In fact, I pointed it out to a number of people I met aboard from the Roll Call. So here's what I'm going to do. Some want to look for it on their own... no problem... DON"T LOOK CLOSELY AT MY PICTURES. For those who want a hint on where it is, go to my issustrated cruise write-up and look thru the images and you'll see it. Here is a link.....

Can't wait to cruise again and search for another! Take care.

If you look at this cruiser's pictures, you will see the "good luck coin" in one of them. I cannot copy his picture as it is copyrighted.

The link was provided by me to my pictures. Anyway, I only found (and photographed) a COIN on Pride but someone mentioned seeing a picture that also included a $2 bill. I misunderstood a previous posting to say that Pride also has a $2 bill. Certain other ships have a good luck $2 bill in the display but Pride only has a coin. Thanks for the link to other lists on the subject. Searching for these will be lots of fun on future cruises and will provide some much needed exercise. Thanks...

Archived