afternoon tea?

cooper9191

thanks for the replys. glad to know that it is still there. on the Liberty it was in the cigar bar. It didn't matter if you went alone or in a group. Tea, finger sandwiches, cake, pie and cookies. The musicians were always great..usually a piano, violin and cello.

On the Fantasy they had it in the piano bar at 3:30 on sea days. They had scones that were filled with a cream filling, but it didn't taste like clotted cream to me. All of the pastries were delicious, and tea time always is very relaxing for me. It's fine to go solo.

Clotted cream? Are you serious?

You can sit by yourself if you insist, but usually they fill tables as people show up, so singles are expected for several reasons. Some people travel solo, maybe only one from a couple is interested in attending, and more.

Anyway, even when traveling with someone else - if I want to go, I do. No problems. Even if not traveling with someone else, if I want to go, I do.

This past May on the Liberty it was in the aft dining room. Also one of my favorite things. Solo is not an issue I usually go alone, although the last sea day on Liberty my dh went with me - I don't think I will ever have to or get to do tea time by myself anymore. LOL

Clotted cream? Are you serious?

Why yes I was? Not sure if you mean it is a stupid question as in "of course they would have clotted cream", or as in "who would have clotted cream on a cruise ship?"

First time cruiser, so not sure if it is expected or beyond expectations to have clotted cream with scones on an afternoon tea on a cruise ship?

On the Fantasy they had it in the piano bar at 3:30 on sea days. They had scones that were filled with a cream filling, but it didn't taste like clotted cream to me. All of the pastries were delicious, and tea time always is very relaxing for me. It's fine to go solo.

I *love* clotted cream, but I am sure I will enjoy an afternoon tea even without the real stuff.

The book club I go to has tea with the cream and they call it "creme fresche", when you say it in french it sounds so much better. Tea at 3 on the Legend on both sea days, loved it! Am planning to go again on the Fasciantion, noticed on one Funtimes, that it was in the piano bar, but will check when we got on board!:D

We attended tea on the Legend 2 weeks ago and it was held beside the windows on the Promenade. There was an excellent piano player and the selection of food was wonderful. Not to the missed are the strawberries and cream. So delicious! My husband who was less than thrilled about going really enjoyed it also.

Valor had tea in the aft dining room. My 16th Carnival cruise, but first time ever going to tea. They sat people at the large window tables so going solo would not be a problem. My friend & I sat with a young couple, a grandma with her cute grandchild & a person traveling alone. No one had met each other prior, but all friendly & we had a really nice interesting conversation - not to mention good desserts. Turns out the young couple from a little town on the west coast knew a relative of the solo person, who was from the east coast. Small world!

Never hesitate to go alone to activities. If my husband or friend don't want to do something, I sometimes go alone & never recall feeling out of place. On occasion it may feel a little awkard when first sitting down alone, but usually short lived & at least you checked out something different.

Something like this where you are sitting with others you can always turn to the people next to you & ask the standard, "So, have you cruised before...." or "Where are you from....." If you get the impression they don't want to talk more than that, fine; but, usually I find people love to tell you about past vacations & I enjoy hearing their experiences.

How is the set up? I am a solo traveler and do not want to be looked akward at? I will be on the Inspiration in January. Do they still serve pettifours?

Hey, if you're brave enough to cruise alone I can't see how attending an afternoon tea alone would be a problem.:)

Why yes I was? Not sure if you mean it is a stupid question as in "of course they would have clotted cream", or as in "who would have clotted cream on a cruise ship?"

First time cruiser, so not sure if it is expected or beyond expectations to have clotted cream with scones on an afternoon tea on a cruise ship?

What I meant was no, they don't.

It is a little beyond expectations for a Carnival cruise.

The tea is (or was) various Lipton kinds, although I heard Carnival might be migrating to Bigelow.

In any event, you should experience it at least once.

Do they have scones and clotted cream?

As mentioned earlier that answer is, unfortunately, No.

The little while creamers available will only contain Half & Half.

I've never witnesed scones being served in the past, but the variety of small delights will certainly please. :) Never sampled anything at one of these sessions that I didn't care for.

Enjoy!!

Archived