gov fees/taxes & other charges

chapps

i was checking to see if there was a price drop on my sailing, anyhoo, i noticed that the "gov fees/taxes & other charges" were significantly less than what we were originally charged (to the tune of $150). can i put in a request for OBC for the difference?

please don't flame me; i'm just asking a question.

btw, i'm past final payment (we cruise in 31 days)

I would seriously doubt they went down $150 unless there are a whole lot of people in multiple cabins.

Maybe you booked thru a TA who broke out the port charges/noncommionsable fare from the cruise fare.

If by some slight chance the add on taxes and fees have dropped you will get OBC for the difference posted to your S&S card.

PS I received OBC from fees dropping my last two cruises. .. so I am sure it will automatically post to your S&S card. We got $7.ish last time and $3ish the time before. $150 .. Iv never seen it vary by even $10 pp .. so this looks like you are figuring wrong.

I would seriously doubt they went down $150 unless there are a whole lot of people in multiple cabins.

Maybe you booked thru a TA who broke out the port charges/noncommionsable fare from the cruise fare.

If by some slight chance the add on taxes and fees have dropped you will get OBC for the difference posted to your S&S card.

i booked directly thru carnival. i didn't think it would drop that much especially a month out from sailing, but i just checked my cruise manager and did the math a couple of times to make sure i wasn't seeing things.

will the OBC be automatic or do i need to request it? thank you, firefly, i was hoping YOU would see this since you seem the most informed on how these things work. :)

i was checking to see if there was a price drop on my sailing, anyhoo, i noticed that the "gov fees/taxes & other charges" were significantly less than what we were originally charged (to the tune of $150). can i put in a request for OBC for the difference?

please don't flame me; i'm just asking a question.

btw, i'm past final payment (we cruise in 31 days)

Carnival doesn't micro-manage the Govt Fees & Taxes during the life of the booking; at/near sailaway they make a final adjustment; if the govt fees & taxes have gone DOWN their Policy is to credit your S&S Account; if the govt fees & taxes have INCREASED, they have the right to collect the increase and debit your S&S account, but their Policy is to not collect the increase (altho there have been a couple posts where this apparently happened). ken

Archived