River Tubing - Princess vs private tour company

kaybeeeeeee

Normally I don't hesitate in booking a private excursion but in this case Princess seems to be quite competitive. Princess tour is 5 hours and $69 pp for...

Travel through the island's interior to Jaco Falls. See this waterfall from a viewpoint or walk down to the pool for a refreshing dip or natural water-massage under the waterfall. Continue on to the Hibiscus Eco-village, the starting point for tubing. Enjoy a traditional dance performance conducted by a Carib Indian cultural group. The river adventure is a beautiful and peaceful voyage in the heart of untouched nature. The river will take you on a combination of fast rapids and lazy slow flowing pools lasting approximately 90 minutes.

Can anyone suggest a private tour that sounds better, price wise and/or activity wise?

We have booked with Antours for February. Their regular cost was $57.00, but at the time we booked they had a two-for-one special going, so we have two people for $28.75 each.

There are a lot of reviews of Antours on this page and they seem to be reliable and dependable. Plus, their tour has most of what you described on the Princess tour. You might want to check them out...

We have booked with Antours for February. Their regular cost was $57.00, but at the time we booked they had a two-for-one special going, so we have two people for $28.75 each.

There are a lot of reviews of Antours on this page and they seem to be reliable and dependable. Plus, their tour has most of what you described on the Princess tour. You might want to check them out...

Checked the AnTours website but there doesn't seem to be a two for one on right now. Also they don't offer this excursion to anyone over 240 lbs, so that leaves some of our group out, even though we're mostly in decent shape. I guess their tubes won't handle the weight.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Hmmmm...that little tidbit of info might have been helpful in your original post. Sorry, can't help any further. Good luck...

Would've been happy to put that in my original post but I hadn't checked out Antours prior to your recommendation. Thanks anyways.

Archived