Cozumel Ferry to Playa del Carmen

bnairuni

Yes. We took the ferry over to PDC in April. $9.00 each way, 45 minutes. Just remember to check the return times going back, the cancelled a few of the trips, (normally leave every hour), but that time cut back to every other hour. We just missed one and had to wait 2 hours to catch the next one. The next one also happened to be the LAST one for the night......

BTW, It's about another 45 minutes to get to Cancun (the tourist area). You can either take a taxi, or they have a bus that goes for $3.00. You can get the bus at the pier where the ferry drops you off. - Just make sure you find out where to pick it back up again to get home because none of the taxis in Cancun will tell you.:rolleyes:

Where you are planning to go is only about half way to "Cancun" (tourist area) and should only take a bout 20 minutes to get there. It's on the same road. We passed it going to Cancun.

Xcaret is beautiful and I would go again in a heartbeat... but.. NOT on a cruise ship.. By the time you get off (with the organized tour) and board the ferry and finally get to Xcaret, we only had about 3-1/2 hours to explore.. We paid $99 and that did not include any food/drinks.. I would rather spend the entire day on Cozumel swimming/snorkeling and shopping!

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from grand and took ferry over, it is a cute town and a beautiful beach fun - if you are susceptible to sea sickness the ferry might bother you, the ferry that is blue and yellow I think is faster

Don't get me wrong here -- on our recent Mayan Riviera cruise, Playa del Carmen was our favorite port call -- but, unless you have a very long port day in Cozumel, it seems like a waste of a lot of good time to ferry to Playa del Carmen. There's plenty to do on Cozumel. Many of the things to do in PdC are time-intensive -- doing them in part of a day will make you feel hurried. Personally , I'd stay at Cozumel and plan a land vacation for the Playa area (as we've already decided to do).

Archived