Your top tips for enjoying a Christmas cruise please??

smalldog

Thank you RuthC,

I do have a week-long resort trip to Cabo planned for February so that I'll have something to look forward to. I'm very much a realist and know that I'll continue to have some weepy moments from time to time, but also know that life goes on and that life is what we make of it.

(Only worry now is that I'll become hooked on cruising and will want to start a second job so I can afford to go on several cruises each year :D.)

Great suggestions everyone!

I guess local currency will be fine because there will be more cruises in Oz/NZ after mine, so they can spend it then anyway!

I think I might take some Aussie Christmas cards (the kitschy kind with kangaroos n koalas on 'em), and buy chocolate in the first NZ port, that should take care of the gifts.

And I might take up the "wrapping paper" decoration idea for our door... I was thinking of cutting a triangle to look like a tree and putting a ribbon bow on the top for a star!

I'll look out for some other inexpensive decorations we could put up in our cabin and just bin at the end. Maybe even some wrapping paper ideas might work there too.

THANK YOU! :)

Give thanks for the privilege of being on such a cruise!

How true! :)

And to those also cruising alone at Christmas, or minus someone special... it helps me to know that there will be others aboard who know how this feels.

I've been thinking about it and maybe we should make a project of looking out for other people who might like some company, as not everyone will be in big family groupings. That should take our focus off the possibility of feeling excluded.

I was at Borders yesterday and they are selling a tree in a box. It's a paper 2' tree with origami ornaments. I didn't buy it but I'm tempted to go back and get one for our Veendam holiday cruise. I think it would be super for an activity for you and your mom or a family traveling with children.

God bless,

Lee Ann

Lee Ann,

Do you have any more details on the paper 2' tree with origami ornamensts? I went to my local Borders (a pretty big one) and they had no idea about this item. It sounds so cute.

Thanks

Archived