Buying Spirits For Consumption In The Cabin.

pkpon

Have just got back from the transatlantic on the Aura and was surprised how P&O still don't push this service. Most passengers that I spoke to did not realise that you could order litre bottles of spirits for consumption in your cabin at very reasonable prices. I orderd a litre bottle of 'Famous Grouse' whisky and it was around £12.50. Not far off the duty free price.

Do you think for P&O it is a bit of a catch 22 situation? That's why they don't really promote it. They want you to drink in the bars but they don't want to miss out on revenue from people drinking in their cabins.

Anyway I am not complaining. It has to be the best deal on any cruise line.

I think overall that there was a lack of information on Azura.

There was no info in our cabin telling us who to contact if we wanted to query our table for dinner. We knew from previous cruises to seek out the restaurant manager ASAP and as a result of this we got there first.

Also knew about ordering spirits. I agree with you - they want you to drink in the bars.

They usually announce dinner being served but not on Azura. The announcement they did make was to tell you the dress code at 6pm!

The special duty free spirits were REALLY cheap, but we didn't bother as you had to pick them up at the end of the cruise and then pack them. Cabin price is excellent.

On Ventura, there was a price list for drinks in your cabin next to the drinks tray. Our cabin attendant asked us if we would like to order anything on our first meeting and he organised it. After that, we rang room service.

They had special offers on mixer drinks (9 for price of 6) and the cabin attendant was definitely trying to sell these and packs of litre water bottles. I did wonder whether he was on commission?

Archived