Soft Drink and Water Question

Havinsnest

I thought I read here recently a poster saying there was a newish Carnival policy stating water and soft drinks had to be carried on rather than sent though in checked bags.

I was reading our cruise docs and may be missing it but I see nothing in the contract or tips about such a thing.

OP: From the Carnival Beverage policy posted on their web site:

"On embarkation day, guests may bring a small quantity (package of 12 per person) of non-alcoholic beverages onboard, only in their carry-on luggage."

Thank you. Since it isn't in my cruise contract nor on the travel notes part of our cruise docs, although both discuss the alcohol policy, I was confused.

Havinsnest: On page three (Travel Notes) of the travel documents for my upcoming December Elation cruise it states the Liquor & Beverage policy. It is the same as is in FAQ sections of the the Carnival web site. How long ago did you print out your documents? It may be a recent addition with the current changes.

Havinsnest: On page three (Travel Notes) of the travel documents for my upcoming December Elation cruise it states the Liquor & Beverage policy. It is the same as is in FAQ sections of the the Carnival web site. How long ago did you print out your documents? It may be a recent addition with the current changes.

Interestingly, I was reading them online this morning. I will print them out over the weekend and re-read them.

... so if you take all that mess with you as carry on, when you get on the ship are you allowed to take it to your room then go exploring before setting sail???? leaving tommorrow.

Anything u carry on with you has to stay with you until your room is ready at approx 1:30...

Yep... soft drinks (limit of a twelve pack...) water and the allowable amount of wine must be carried on board.

If they're in your checked luggage theywill be confiscated and returned to you at the end of your voyage.

:)

I would suggest a minor correction... They MIGHT be confiscated if in your checked luggage. For some reason, Carnival is not necessarily enforcing its own "rules" for this. Many have posted on here that their checked bags have been searched & Carnival has had no problem with the non-alcohoic beverages in them (us included). We actually had a small amount in our carry-on & a small amount in the checked luggage, and they had no probs with either. This was in Miami. Maybe they didn't get the "memo". ;)

Has this always been the rule or has it changed in the last year or so.. I had soda and water in my checked luggage on last cruise and was just wondering if I was oblivious or this is a new policy.. Thanks!

Yes it's fairly new....I don't know the exact date that it changed but think it was sometime in spring...I cruised in May and Believe this was the policy...I wasn't aware and we put put bottle water in its own lugggage and checked it in...It arrived to our room with no issues...We didn't need the water and don't drink soda so next time don't plan on bringing any beverages with us....

... so if you take all that mess with you as carry on, when you get on the ship are you allowed to take it to your room then go exploring before setting sail???? leaving tommorrow.

Yes and this is why we both have a small rolling carry-on...They used to let you drop in the room but now they close the friedoors and let no one in the halls to get in the way of the room stewards cleaning rooms...Dennis

Archived