Jax port arrival time question?

Cristallo

30 views with no reply. I know at least that many people have cruised from Jaxport, if not why click the post?

Would it help if I said I was bringing an ill friend who can't stand for long periods of time? I'm wondering why some posts get lots of replies about a similar question but others get ignored?

You don't say what ship you will be on but I will assume it is Carnival Fascination. The time schedule says it arrives in Jacksonville at 8:00am and Departs at 4:00pm. I have never cruised out of Jacksonville but I would say not to arrive before 10:30am, 11:00am probably would be best.

Maybe there will be someone post a more definitive time but you have my best guess. I hope your friend is not inconvienced by any long lines and is able to at least get a chair to sit on if there is a wait.

Enjoy your cruise.

Last year we arrived at 10:30. We were in the first row of seating after the VIPs. Yes, it was a bit of a wait to get on the ship, but we were sitting and didn't have to wait in line to check in. I much rather get to port early and sit and wait, then get there in the rush of people and have to stand in crowded lines.

As much as I would like to see Carnival stay here in Jacksonville (and i hope it does). Embarkation is a joke. The best time to board is later.

All the buses roll onto the lot about 11ish. You get swamped into a mess of people. I have sailed out of it five times and four times have always been after 1 pm.

I manage running into people who tried to board early and said it was a joke.

30 views with no reply. I know at least that many people have cruised from Jaxport, if not why click the post?

Would it help if I said I was bringing an ill friend who can't stand for long periods of time? I'm wondering why some posts get lots of replies about a similar question but others get ignored?

I arrived at 11:00 and had no problem. I had to wait inside once checked in but I was able to sit.

I'd go at 11am. We arrived around noon last week and spent well over an hour on our feet in long lines. The lines moved slowly and contantly but they would back and forth all over the terminal. Once we finally checked in, they weren't giving out zones where you can sit down and wait, but instead we spent another 25 minutes or so winding back and forth until we boarded the ship. Not horrible, but it was tough on some of the older members of our party who have difficulty walking long distances or standing for a long period of time.

We just got back yesterday from the Fascination...We arrived at 10:30, was through the lines by 10:45 with S & S card in hand and were zone 2 to board. They started calling VIP and zones at 11:30 and was told no one ever gets on board until 11:30 by one of the men usher'ing everyone.

Go early or go after 1pm, otherwise there was some decent lines and a sea of people.

Thanks for the question, we'll be boarding in 16 days! Embarking is such a breeze in Tampa, too bad they an't get it right when there is just one cruise ship in the port....Hummmmm?:rolleyes:

We have boarded 3 times in Jax and once in Tampa and Jax was 100% better than Tampa.

So far Jax and Port Canaveral are the best two ports for embarkation we have been to.

Easy to park, easy to check in and smooth lines. (at least if you are an early arriver like us)

Tampa near the front of the line was a complete cluster%#$% the day we boarded.

I'm dreading thinking of booking the Legend out of there after our Inspiration cruise.

Bill

We got there around 11:30 or so. We had VIP boarding but they seemed to have just started letting the Zones board around that time. It seemed to go smoothly from what I could tell but really don't know how long the people in the Zones were waiting until they were called. They board VIP, then Wheelchairs, then Zones. Hope that info helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived