Disappointed with RCI

p5woody

dc-snoopy, are you aware you are argueing with a 4 week old post? Although the potential here is tremendous!:D Nevermind, just ignore me, I was just passing by.

jc

Yes...I had noticed that the original that I had quoted was 4 weeks old. However, the thread got revived today by another response and I went and reread the whole page of responses...and thought I'd add to it. If people are tired of the topic, it only cost about a minute or two of my time and some very expensive electrons...and they can ignore the post.

If not, it might revive the discussion. Either way, I had 2 cents in my keyboard to toss in.

The only person I see writing about bodily functions is you. You just degraded my experience quite a bit.
I'm sorry if you found my measured use of hyperbole disturbing, but to quibble over my use of clinical terminology, while overlooking the childish mob-behavior I was commenting on, seems to indicate a lack of perspective.

Yes...I had noticed that the original that I had quoted was 4 weeks old. However, the thread got revived today by another response and I went and reread the whole page of responses...and thought I'd add to it. If people are tired of the topic, it only cost about a minute or two of my time and some very expensive electrons...and they can ignore the post.

If not, it might revive the discussion. Either way, I had 2 cents in my keyboard to toss in.

Couldn't have said it better.

BD

I'm sorry if you found my measured use of hyperbole disturbing, but to quibble over my use of clinical terminology, while overlooking the childish mob-behavior I was commenting on, seems to indicate a lack of perspective.

I simply found your word choice inappropriate and offensive.

Period--and in less than ten words, I might add.

Goodness me, if I thought people were acting "childish" toward me, then I'd just ignore them. But that's just me...

I simply found your word choice inappropriate and offensive.

Period--and in less than ten words, I might add.

Goodness me, if I thought people were acting "childish" toward me, then I'd just ignore them. But that's just me...

I know how difficult it is to try to ignore that guy, he really tends push those buttons. I've had my run-ins with him in the past, but have had to "mellow" out to keep my posting priveledges intact. I know he has me on ignore so it just doesn't matter much at all. Before long he'll only have himself to post with.

Stretch

I think the posters expectations are more geared tward Celebrity. Though both owned by same company, RCCL's sister line has better overall quality & service that the poster may enjoy better. Try another line before giving up on cruising!! :)

Well it seems your overworded comments and constant picking apart of threads is what causes this behavior, no matter how you try to rationalize it. Did you ever wonder why so many people react this way?:eek:

Everyone likes attention.

But you learn in psychology there is good attention and bad attention. Doing something that irks other people is bad attention. And to keep doing it when you know it irks? That's just a lack of maturity.

I feel sorry for them and move on.

His name says it all, and his hilarious use of vocabulary just wants to show us how smart he is.

At the risk of being flamed myself, I have to admit I don't really know Bickie and I've never had a run-in with him, but it seems that some of you are being a little hard on The Beav, Ward.

It's possible that he's not using an extensive vocabulary to put other people down or to show how intelligent he is, or to show how ignorant everyone else is. He may be using specific words because they're the most exact word to convey his meaning. That's the primary reason we have so many different words. Each word's meaning is slightly different from each of its synonyms, in order to convey an even more specific meaning.

However, I have to admit that the way you use your vocabulary, even though the meaning might be more precise, can hinder communication immensely. If the large vocabulary is used in a demeaning way, or in a condescending way to show off how much one person knows and how little another knows, then the communication deteriorates and the hostility flourishes.

And the moral of this story is: Don't condemn the vocabulary; condemn, if warranted, the manner and attitude of the presentation of said vocabulary.

I myself, always eschew obfuscation and sesquipedalianisms and find any concomitant compassion or compatibility with The Bickster to be purely and perchance puerilely serendipitous propinquity. :D

Allen

Acting childish isn't something that is directed. Regardless, I actually have many such folks ignored. In this case, they were being so insistent with their conduct that they were disrupting the ability for the rest of the folks to participate in the thread. Just as we are now by having a drawn-out discussion about the discussion. Perhaps it would be better if everyone just stuck to the topics, didn't engage in self-indulgent childishness, and didn't discuss the discussions.

No, that would make too much sense. :rolleyes:

It's possible that he's not using an extensive vocabulary to put other people down or to show how intelligent he is' date=' or to show how ignorant everyone else is. He may be using specific words because they're the most exact word to convey his meaning.[/quote']It's actually more than that. I respect the people I converse with enough to avoid vagueness that can be misinterpreted. I cannot help but wonder about the motivations of those who object to that. I generally ignore them. I wish everyone did.

His name says it all, and his hilarious use of vocabulary just wants to show us how smart he is.

Can anyone please tell me what "measured use of hyperbole disturbing" might mean?? I often wonder how I made it this far without knowing what hyperbole means.......I must be stupid......

Hyperbole = gross exaggeration. E.G., I am so hungry, I could eat a horse! If I've told you once, I've told you a million times...............

Marilyn vos Savant

Every advertisement or commercial you've ever read or seen is an example of hyperbole.

Marilyn, I think I went to elementary school with your cousin, Idiot vos Savant. :cool:

Archived