Cruise Critic Carnival Crazy Canucks - group cruise?

soccersharon

CC Crazy Canuck Cruise preference is: (to keep things simple, Dream, 7 days)  

49 members have voted

1. 1. CC Crazy Canuck Cruise preference is: (to keep things simple, Dream, 7 days)

• March 2012
    • November 2012
    • July 2012
    • August 2012
    • Other (details below)

I'd settle for any ship, any place warm after the last 2 weeks.. even North Dakota is warmer then we are:eek:.

The Dream would be fine too. I love the Eastern Caribbean..but the Magic would be OK too but I thought it would be neat to cruise on a brand new ship..

Oh and Sharon my Dh did say the out in boot thing until I Manitobanized him..crazy Nova Scotian that he is...

Gotta love the NS accent! As if the "eh" wasn't enough!

After much discussion and looking around at itineraries, ships, and prices (always a factor for us), I think my families' best bet will be to go in January 2012. Still meets much of the criteria (getting the heck out of Montreal and the cold) - except for ship.

My 45th birthday is in early January and what better way to spend it - a family cruise!

I won't have to pull one or both of my kids out of school (read a big thread debate about that), and it's pretty much guaranteed that we can get some time off.

I found a Legend sailing on January 1st to GC, Cozumel, Roatan, Belize departing from Tampa. The prices are good (we can all squeeze into a room, premium or extended balcony for $2400.00!) I found some great reviews on the Legend, and wouldn't mind giving her a try. Smaller class ship than the Valor and Liberty, but I think that would be a good change. I also think my kids would enjoy swimming with the stingrays in GC, Nachi Cocum in Cozumel, and would be nice to visit Belize and Roatan.

Would still like to get a group cruise going...hope others are still with us:D

How does everyone feel about this?

The good news is...we have lot's of time to discuss! I see from the poll that March and November 2012 have 6 votes each!

Thanks Avril for offering to help out - if we can get this snowbird off the ground :) I think it would be a blast!

Let's keep talking!

I voted for November!!

If November 2012 is anything like November 2010 has been, I will need a cruise!!!

Was -33C the other day. But thanks to a chinook it is +4C today!!!

Planning to cruise then anyway, would be DH and myself, but talking about brining DS and his girlfriend as well (she will be 21 by then, and able to partake in all the festivites!!!)

Happy Cruising!!!

We usually cruise in late Feb early March but I was thinking that November might be a better option for us since we have a 2 hour drive on the Trans Canada to get to the Airport and since Feb and March are so unpredictable November might be a good opiton. Still no answer on a posting to NS so that will come into play with our decision but hopefully will have an answer my christmas.

Hi Everyone,

Sounds like November is taking the lead! My only concern is taking the kids out of school, and time off for us. Am still waiting for the school calendar to come out for 2012. In a way, I prefer November as well. We're less likely to have bad weather, and the rates are more in line with our budget.

We will definitely need more interest from people, so let's try and get the word out more!

Good talking with everyone!

I just put in my vote for Nov. and will watch this thread to see how it goes for dates. Anything that involves Nov.12th would not be good for us as that is a very busy day for the company that DW and I work for and they don't allow any one off. Keep up the good work everyone!:)

I just put in my vote for Nov. and will watch this thread to see how it goes for dates. Anything that involves Nov.12th would not be good for us as that is a very busy day for the company that DW and I work for and they don't allow any one off. Keep up the good work everyone!:)

Hi Mr. Cruiser - welcome aboard!

November is sounding better and better!

My biggest obstacle is the kids :) They seem to have 2 days back to back off in November, so I'd be looking for that week. In 2012 looks like 22nd and 23rd. The fewer days they will miss of school, the better!

Also, I've been reading threads about the newer, bigger ships having MDR problems, and other issues. We'll have to keep watching.

Keep spreading the word!

To help, someone had suggested a Facebook page. Maybe I'll get busy and create one. As soon as it's done, I'll let everyone know!

Thanks, everyone! We can do this!

It took my son to help me with this - but here it is, our Facebook group page. Please feel free to join so we can talk and share!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_164601000244921

Hey, just realized that we can "chat" once we're all on FB...! Cool! That would make things easier :) If there was ever a reason to get a FB account, this is it!:D

Hey, just realized that we can "chat" once we're all on FB...! Cool! That would make things easier :) If there was ever a reason to get a FB account, this is it!:D

Dont know if we can do it.. but I asked to join your FB group just incase something happens and we can do it;)

I sent a request to join. I also got a nasty gram when I suggested it on the CC Boards. I was not suggesting the group specifically " group" can be a figure of speech meant it as a gathering of people but the Powers that be thought I was suggesting a group rather then me suggesting we as a group do something like that . So I got my hand slapped because someone took it as something it was not..:p

Anyway.. it is grey cup day and I wish the roughriders a devine intervention, a miracle and KEEP THE 13th MAN OFF THE FIELD..ROFLMAO..GO AL'S GO:D

I sent a request to join. I also got a nasty gram when I suggested it on the CC Boards. I was not suggesting the group specifically " group" can be a figure of speech meant it as a gathering of people but the Powers that be thought I was suggesting a group rather then me suggesting we as a group do something like that . So I got my hand slapped because someone took it as something it was not..:p

Anyway.. it is grey cup day and I wish the roughriders a devine intervention, a miracle and KEEP THE 13th MAN OFF THE FIELD..ROFLMAO..GO AL'S GO:D

Great! Thanks!

Ah yes, the rematch from the 97th Grey Cup. Go Al's (sorry, gotta cheer for my home team).

All I got in the from of who the admin was was ADMIN the persons avatar is a yellow angel fish( a picture of one ) not cartooned type.. I'll just be careful to write which group I mean so it can not be taken out of context. Once we get the ship that we want and get a roll call it will be easier

Sorry you got into trouble over our "group". I don't see how discussion our CC group cruise on FB would cause you to receive a warning from the mods.:confused::confused:

I believe the mods should investigate a post before assuming it not to be in keeping with the boards.

As another fluent "eh" speaker....would love to do a winter cruise- we are counting down the months until we can leave the deep freeze of a Manitoba winter to join the Carnival Splendor for February reading week.....In the summer time there far too many places to drive and see that have beautiful weather....Cheers... :)

How does November 2012 sound?

Hi Sharon,

I tried clicking on your FB link and nothing came up other than my own FB account and I didn't see anything about the Crazy Canucks there..(computer dork here..LOL). So, I guess once I'm on my own FB account I can find you through "Crazy Canucks.." ? If that doesn't work, I'll post my e-mail addy here and you can invite me, let me know?

I just voted for March, but November is fine too. Btw, I'm a senior (a young looking and fun-loving 67), and I should get a senior discount. The bad part is that I will have to pay for the single supplement (for my forthcoming cruise on the Liberty I paid well over 3 K - bummer)! Maybe by 2012 Carnival will have followed RCCL's single room deals and no 200% supplements). They would be crazy to ignore us - we are retired boomers with all the time in the world to travel.

Keep up the good work !

Wynn

Hi Sharon,

I tried clicking on your FB link and nothing came up other than my own FB account and I didn't see anything about the Crazy Canucks there..(computer dork here..LOL). So, I guess once I'm on my own FB account I can find you through "Crazy Canucks.." ? If that doesn't work, I'll post my e-mail addy here and you can invite me, let me know?

I just voted for March, but November is fine too. Btw, I'm a senior (a young looking and fun-loving 67), and I should get a senior discount. The bad part is that I will have to pay for the single supplement (for my forthcoming cruise on the Liberty I paid well over 3 K - bummer)! Maybe by 2012 Carnival will have followed RCCL's single room deals and no 200% supplements). They would be crazy to ignore us - we are retired boomers with all the time in the world to travel.

Keep up the good work !

Wynn

Hi Wynn,

I don't understand Carnvial's single supplement mumbo jumbo! Doesn't make sense to me:confused:

Am hoping that there is a discounted fare on the 3rd and 4th passengers for this trip! Otherwise, I may not be able to afford it!

November is a good month to cruise, if you're willing to take the "hurricane" chance. Have cruised twice, both in November and have been lucky so far!

I clicked on the FB link in my signature, and it brought me to the page. Try this instead: http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_164601000244921&ap=1

If the link doesn't work, on FB, please search for

Cruise Critic Carnival "Crazy Canucks" Group Cruise

If the above does not work, please feel free to email me at the address in my signature.

Looking forward to you joining our group! BTW, age is just a state of mind!

Just a thought about the name of your group...it may limit the number of people who might book with your group because they may think it's just for Canucks;)

Hi Linda,

Anyone is welcome! How would you like to be a Canadian for a week...lol!

Take care,

Hi Sharon :)

I just saw your post on the Canada eh? thread.

We would love to come and join your "crazy fun" group. :D

The only problem is we have to cruise when DW's boss books off work (he is a orthodontist) so..

it makes planning difficult until we know when he is taking time off.

We have two booked for 2011 and won't know about 2012 until a year from now. :(

I'll keep your thread on my favorites so if your group cruise falls in his time-off slot, we would love to join it.

Hi Sharon :)

I just saw your post on the Canada eh? thread.

We would love to come and join your "crazy fun" group. :D

The only problem is we have to cruise when DW's boss books off work (he is a orthodontist) so..

it makes planning difficult until we know when he is taking time off.

We have two booked for 2011 and won't know about 2012 until a year from now. :(

I'll keep your thread on my favorites so if your group cruise falls in his time-off slot, we would love to join it.

Hi Glenn,

Nice to meet you!

I think we have plenty of time. We are not "set" on one ship or another, month or itinerary yet.

Please feel free to join us on our FB group page as well. FB group pages make it easier to have a group discussion - which I will plan for at a later date. I will be able to notify the group at once. Will of course, let everyone know on this thread too.

Where are you cruising in 2011? We'll have to wait until 2012 - but it's always worth it!

Thanks for connecting!

Archived