Winter cruises 11/12

I went in to the TA today to ask again, when we'd know about the rest of the Thomson cruises. She said that the cruises would be available from 17th December, but they'd probably have the brochures in from about the 14th. So I for one will be laying siege. Has anyone else been given this date?

Rosie:)

I went in to the TA today to ask again, when we'd know about the rest of the Thomson cruises. She said that the cruises would be available from 17th December, but they'd probably have the brochures in from about the 14th. So I for one will be laying siege. Has anyone else been given this date?

Rosie:)

The release dates look very late this year. I wonder if it is deliberate to encourage people to book the Dream?

Hi Rosie

I went in on Saturday as I had originally been told by the Thomson shop that release date was 16th November only to be told it was 16th December:eek:

I'm waiting to find out where Destiny will be going now that it's only the Dream in the Caribbean after this season.

Janet

Hi Janet

Isn't it frustrating having to wait until nearly Christmas to find out what Thomson's are doing next winter. We've almost discounted the Caribbean as it is so expensive with no reasonable AI. I want to be somewhere warm for my 60th so it looks like the Red Sea or the Canaries. I'd be grateful for any personal experiences on either cruise. I know you can't guarantee good weather, but I'd like to be in with a fighting chance of finding some.

Rosie

Hi Rosie

I know what you mean. We did the Caribbean last year in March and are doing it again in March 2011 so I don't think we would do it again, especially when I priced it up at nearly £2000 with the AI (no cheap or free offers!!!).

It is also my 60th next year (November) and although I was wanting to see what was available (would wait to book a late deal I think), my dream holiday is a Safari in Kenya Feb/March 2012 (my birthday present to myself):D

If we do book a late deal it would be the Red Sea as I want to see Petra.

Janet

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mind the cost of the trip to Petra. It's one of those places you will probably only ever go to once (unless the weather forces it to be cancelled as has happened before:eek:) then I would have to do another Red Sea cruise - what a shame - LOL!!!

Archived