Cruise out of New Orleans

romandog

We are currently booked on Freedom of the Seas April 10, 2011. I am contemplating booking The Voyager of the Seas from New Orleans on March 24, 2012. Has anyone sailed from New Orleans that time of year? What is the weather generally like? We would like to spend a few nights pre-cruise to experience New Orleans. Not much on the party seen, but would like the experience. Where is a good place to stay? Any idea on hotels where we can get around easily and experience the French Quarter along with the riverwalk? Any ideas?

Weather is very tolerable that time of the year. Marriott on Convention Blvd is an excellent place to stay and rates are often quite affordable.

There is a parking garage the next block down that is accessable to the cruise terminal. Owned by one of the car rental companies. Hertz or Avis maybe.

Within walking distance of most everything you'd want to see including the St Charles Ave Street Cars. Holiday Inn French Quarter also a good place.

Was in NOLA last weekend and go 2x or 3x times per year. Any other questions - ask away

I have been out of New Orleans a lot lately .. and here I am going back.

My recommendation is different if you are flying in or driving in.

If you are flying in check out hotwire. Someone on our rollcall who flew in got a 4 star fancy hotel in the qtr for like $80ish. lastminutetravel had some deals too. check out those hotel consolidators, bet you can find a great deal on a hotel. If you need car parking then I would choose different hotels.

Its more expensive than going out of Galveston for hotels, but its not horrible either.

If you have time, I know Iv heard wonderful things about the acquarium, but you need to have day time time to see it. Just google it for info .. you can do the qtr in the evening easily to me. Iv walked pretty much all over it on foot.

Looks like we will be on the Carnival Triumph on 12/16 to catch a few rays before we get snowed in here in Ohio and to get us ready to sail on the RCCL Freedom of the Seas on 1/30. We have been on the T before and she is a beautiful ship. We've never been out of N.O. though. Looks like it could be a fun time both on and off the ship!! :D

Looks like we will be on the Carnival Triumph on 12/16 to catch a few rays before we get snowed in here in Ohio and to get us ready to sail on the RCCL Freedom of the Seas on 1/30. We have been on the T before and she is a beautiful ship. We've never been out of N.O. though. Looks like it could be a fun time both on and off the ship!! :D

Me too!!! I havent even looked to see if there is a roll call... heading there now.

• 3 weeks later...

I cruised in early April from NOLA and the weather was a little cool when we left port but once we got down the river the sun came out and it really warmed up. The 7-8 hours you sepnd going down the Mississippi River from NOLA are awesome-lots of sights to see.

I had no issues with the food or anything else on Triumph/ lots of pictures from our cruise:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalTriumph/index.htm

Spring and Fall weather in New Orleans is usually GREAT.

We can usually pick up a deal at Iberville Suites in the French Quarter, but parking isn't cheap there. Some pictures from a recent trip (and will be back next week)

Page2

Page3

Archived