Shore Excursions in Eastern Caribbean

poodwahr

My dh and I will be sailing on our first cruise December 12th on the Ruby Princess to the eastern caribbean. What shore excursions do you recommend? The ports of call are Princess Cays, Bahamas, St. Maaren, Netherlands Antilles, St. Thomas, Virgin Islands, & Grand Turk, Caicos Islands. Any feedback will be most welcome. We are not totally beach people, we like to explore areas. We are in late 50's & early 60's. We would like to do the highlights of each port of call. Please let us know which shore you have done and recommend. Thanks

Hi There,

All you stops have great beachs, St Thomas and St Martin are good for shopping,

down town St thomas can be like a cattle market if loads of ships in so might look at going on a tour to St John,

St Martin can get busy as well so may be a tour over to the French side.

Enjoy your cruise

yours Shogun

I'm not normally a fan of ships shore excursions but we just got off the same cruise you're doing and in St. Thomas booked the 1/2 day champagne catarmaran out to St. Johns...it was EXCELLENT! Highly recommend. We had a blast.

I'm glad to hear that! I have reserved that shore excursion for our cruise in January.

In Barbados we have done the Silver Moon Catamaran Cruie several times. We LOVE it. It is booked independently and snorkles woth turtles and on shipwrecks. These are Sailors. 12 people max on a large enough Cat with no motor running as you sail the coast is just a great way to spend the day. I don't know if this is up your ally but it really is up ours!

Have a great time whatever you do! Cheers.

http://silvermoonbarbados.com/

Why don't you go over to your Roll Call?

There you can meet lots of people who will be on your ship, who are probably asking and discussing the very same questions you are.

Each cruise has a Roll Call, and it's a great way to find out what others recommend, get to know a few folks before you leave, and sometimes even share the cost of some private tours.

Here's a link to your Roll Call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1120328

Read through - you'll probably find discussion about each port.

And then post any questions over there you may still have.

Archived