Grand Secrets????

pmenefee

Reading all these tips extends the cruise, in a strange way. At least I can go there in my mind as I read your tips.

Pete

Talking about cruising is the only thing that keeps me sane between cruises! <giggle>

I really do have other interests, but I only talk about those while cruising lol.

LES!

Is the aft pool adults only too? The only one I was aware of is the one between the gym and the spa. In December, I remember seeing several kids in the aft pool area (I don't think I ever saw anyone actually in the pool) because the arcade has a door that opens to the area. (Not sure which deck)

Yes - it has 'Adult Only' signs posted there. At one point 4 kids did come back there and start jumping in the pool, squealing etc (woke us all up, lol) but they ended up leaving on their own before anyone said anything to them. On each side of the pool area there were little short staircases that led down to the Aloha deck cabin hallways - so that was convenient to get back to the room. We weren't on Aloha but it was easy to get to the stairs/elevators without having to walk thru the Horizon Court etc.

Wish I was there today! Guess they are in Costa Maya now... :(

Play Bingo the last sea day in the afternoon. That's about your only real chance to win the big money because its extremely hard to get a blackout in less than 55 calls. Also possibly skip going ashore at the first port stop because of the very long tender ride and very short stay in nowhere. For a nice surprise go see the giant sea turtles in Grand Cayman.

Absolutely take stuff out of your suit case, I way overpacked and had to haul it all around, they have laundry on board so use that if you need to. Do not rent those little cars in Cozumel, my husband and son rented one and got hit by a taxi and were taken by ambulance to the hospital, all is OK but when we tried to pay our bill on the ship we found out the company tried to charge $4,900 on our credit card - they told us the $60 covered the insurance! Yikes, hopefully that will all work out. There is so much to do on board you won't be bored. Book a shore excursion in Belize, the snorkeling one was fun but crowded, there is nothing to do in belize city just shop at a place just for the cruise terminal, it is too dangerous to go into the city. Unfortunately we didn't get to go to Cayman because the winds were too bad and we couldn't get to shore on the tenders, so be prepared for that as it is disapointing. We loved Costa Maya definitely go to the fishing village of Majahual, very quaint, massages on the beach for $20 for 30 minutes, you can rent chairs and get hair braided, etc. Horse back riding around the village. Its very simple but the beach is beautiful. Just catch a taxi when you get off. Very safe and they are very friendly there. Bring a powerstrip for the room - that was a good tip, don't forget the cork screw if you bring wine on board. That's all I can think of now - you'll have a great time. The ship is very smooth, but we had one rough night, just keep taking dramamine.

Do take some powdered laundry detergent and make use of the laundrymat on the ship. Your stuff will hang dry on the shower line or in your closet. The safe is pretty goood size though not wide enough for a laptop. If you want some peace and quiet go to the front or the back of the ship. Most people flock to the pool areas in the middle. If you take a lot with you try to set it up where you can find it as you will loose track at some point of little stuff. Try not to get impatient with people or delays as a week leaves plenty of time to do your thing. You are in for a great time on this cruise. When they say escape completely they really back it up.:)

Archived