recent Horseback Riding Adventures

Universe93B

hey guys, anyone did the Horseback Riding Adventure excursion? I am going on the Allure in March, and thought about doing this excursion from Cozumel. Did a search, but all the reviews are so old, from 2005 and earlier. Anyone do this recent and think it would be worth the money?

• 4 months later...

I thought I would post my comments on this, since I never found anything recent.

Went on the March 13, 2011 sailing of RCI's Allure. Signed up for the horseback riding adventure through RCI and had a lot of fun! There were 22 of us on the trip. Took a bus ride that was about 30 min to the ranch. There were many people like me, who had ridden a horse 0 times. Others were medium riders and a few advanced riders. We got there, and the guides showed us a few things on the horse. Then they got different horses for us depending on beginner, medium, advanced. The horses seemed to be treated well. A tour guide, and 2 other guides went with us, to help us along the way. Saw some Mayan ruins, and we got off about halfway through the tour to see a Mayan cave.

At the end, spent about 15-20 min at the bar where they gave us free beer. Definitely a tour that was worth it!!!

Thanks Taxi Driver for posting this. My wife will be relieved that some riders had zero experience. Do you recall the name of the outfit by any chance please?

We're on Celebrity Eclipse in 2 weeks and I look forward to this excursion.

- Shane

Strange .... I posted a review of our horseback riding trip earlier this week and the post is gone. We did the jungle ride on March 9th. I really would not recommend this trip. Only our family of five showed up and as our teenager said, the place seemed "sketchy". We took a 2 hour ride through the "jungle" (garbage everywhere) to some ruins that were rather boring. Our guide spoke a little English. The horses were small and undernourished. Since it was around $30pp, I guess we got our money's worth, but I would not recommend it.

Our trip definitely sounds different from the one the other poster described .... no cave, etc. I would get the name of their tour operator and go with that. We booked on our own and I can't remember the outfit's name.

Hmm, don't remember the name of the operator now. We booked through RCI and the code for the tour was CZ95. I think celebrity uses the same codes. The guide spoke very good English and easy to understand. Our price per person was $89, and the trails were very nice, no trash anywhere.

Archived