champagne

Has anyone had problems bringing a bottle of champagne on board? Did you put in your carryon or checked luggage. I wanted to put in my husband's carryon, but someone told me that the airline would probably consider it a "weapon" and not allow it. Also, especially since we are flying, what about the PRESSURE? I would love to "pop the cork" while sailing away, so any suggestions? Thanks.
We leave tomorrow on the Mariner, and the anticipation is killing me!

Hmmm, good question about flying with champagne. That wouldn't be a good thing to explode in your luggage! You might be better off finding a liquor store en route from the airport to the ship (that's what I'm going to do to avoid lugging it so far.)

From what I've read on these boards, you won't have any problem whatsoever getting the bottle on board the ship, in either a carry-on or in your checked luggage. What I'm wondering is whether there would be any problem taking my own bottle of champage on deck when the ship is departing, and opening it and drinking there. Has anyone done this or seen this done?

Sailing on Enchantment July 5, 2004

There should be no problems flying with champagne. Airlines regularly use normal full-size bottles of champagne as part of the catering stock.

Jewel of the Seas 1-3 May 2004 - see [url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?q=Y&s=927093444&a=tpc&m=904107102&f=069097554"]my review here[/url], and [url="http://community.webshots.com/album/140741580OdzpCX"]my photos here[/url].

Archived