11/24/Optout/checked baggage?

Jeano222

On Wednesday, say you get to airport 3 hours ahead and check your bags. You then get into the security line and have 200 or so people in it. If half of them opt out that leaves 100 people opting out and it take 4 minutes per passenger. That would be 400 minutes and you'll miss the flight. Where will the baggage go if they won't take it if passenger misses flight. I can see a nightmare with baggage on every airline and every flight. Any input on that scenario, as I believe this is what iwill happen.

If (*IF*!!) tons of people decide they want to opt out, they will miss their flight. Their luggage will be pulled off the plane and returned to them. I doubt it would impact the non-protestors (other than having a shorter than expected wait in line.)

Personally, I see zero chance of this happening. I'm sure opt-out day is being promoted by people who aren't actually flying Wednesday. People who fly the day before Thanksgiving do so because they are desperate. Nobody wants to fly then. You really think those folks are going to purposefully miss their flights?

Archived