Aft Vista Suite on Caribbean Princess

G8RH8R

My wife and I are sailing on Caribbean Princess in January '11. I just changed my booking from category PH (Riviera Deck) to category VS (Emerald Deck) largely due to posts I read here that warned of excessive noise in the Riviera Deck suites. Has anyone stayed in Suite E732 on Caribbean? I'd appreciate any information you can supply about balcony size, wake noise or anything else of note. Thanks!

Sapphire Princess 6/10

Crown Princess 3/10

Ruby Princess 1/10

Caribbean Princess 10/09

Sapphire Princess 3/09

Adventure of the Seas 2/08

Norwegian Dawn 3/07

Celebrity Infinity 8/04

Carnival Imagination 04/96

NCL SS Norway 12/94

Have had the pleasure of staying in the equivalent Vista Suite on the Star Princess. As you know, the rooms and suites on all of the Grand Class ships are quite similar.

On the Star's aft Vista Suite (in the equivalent location) the balcony was huge! I joked that it was actually big enough to go jogging!

There is some wake noise, but to me, the sound of the wake is soothing and comforting, rather than annoying.

Have a great cruise!

• 3 weeks later...
My wife and I are sailing on Caribbean Princess in January '11. I just changed my booking from category PH (Riviera Deck) to category VS (Emerald Deck) largely due to posts I read here that warned of excessive noise in the Riviera Deck suites. Has anyone stayed in Suite E732 on Caribbean? I'd appreciate any information you can supply about balcony size, wake noise or anything else of note. Thanks!

Sapphire Princess 6/10

Crown Princess 3/10

Ruby Princess 1/10

Caribbean Princess 10/09

Sapphire Princess 3/09

Adventure of the Seas 2/08

Norwegian Dawn 3/07

Celebrity Infinity 8/04

Carnival Imagination 04/96

NCL SS Norway 12/94

All I can tell you is we had C734 port Aft & it was great, balcony was huge, rooms size was adequate for just a reg balcony room,, no noise .

I have called Princess before & asked the sizes of a particular room & balcony -- they were very helpful.

Next time tho, I will go with my gut feeling & book the aft wrap.

have a great time--:cool:

donnakg

• 3 years later...
Hello, is there a noises issue in E732 due to being right above the club? Also, is the tub in the room a hottub w/ jets?

Thank you.

No, they shut down the entertainment in Fusion Lounge earlier than in Explorers or Crooners, probably because of the Emerald aft residents and past complaints. So unless you are going to go to bed around 9:00, it is not an issue.

Yes, the bathtub has jets and I used that feature a couple of times last cruise. (Come to think of it, it worked more reliably than one of the aft deck hot tubs, and you can definitely make your own tub hotter as well!) Bath salts are provided. The tub is longer than my standard-issue Kohler home soaking tub. Nice!

If I needed to relax right before bed, the balcony with its view of an endless jet of sea foam, and the constant whhhooooossshhhh of the wake, would have me hypnotized in just a few minutes. More than once I'd fall asleep right there, no matter how jazzed up I was minutes before.

We were in E733 on Crown and Caribbean Princess and now we doubt that any cabin could surpass that. The long walk to spa/theatre/Vines/IC was the only drawback (and some see that exercise as a positive!).

Enjoy!

~sent using Cruise Critic app~