Swimming/water play on Liberty for toddlers

wrich427

I have received different stories. I have a 2 and 3 year old sons who we would like to have them play in the pool area on Liberty of the Seas. Is there any area where they can play if one of them is not potty trained? We use swim diapers and plastic pants to minimize the risks but niot sure of the rules. Can anyone enlighten us? I am not sure if things will change with Liberty as they will have added the nursery by the time we go on.

Many folks bring blow up pools and just add a bit of water so they can splash. Swimmies and even plastic pants still allow the pool water to "filter" thru the diaper, and any bacteria can leach out....very unsanitary. Let them play in a bit of water separate from the actual pool, and dispose of the water in a floor drain.

Diapers of any kind on any age person isn't allowed.

Liberty of the Seas has a section to the side of the H2O Zone called the baby splash zone (as do all of RCCL's Freedom and Oasis class ships). Diapered children are allowed in that section, which has special filtration, but not in the rest of the H2O zone, as the filtration/chemicals aren't as good as they would be in a land-based water park, and even with swim diapers, etc., there can be accidents.

There is no need to bring a pool on Liberty of the Seas. They already have a built in one. It's called the Baby Splash Zone and it's just for non-potty trained infants and toddlers. It's a small section of the H20 zone. It's not the entire H20 zone. But it is separated. It has a special filtration system.

125.jpg

041.jpg

That's great news that the Liberty of the Seas has such a thing. I think all ships should have one. I'm sure all of us parents would really appreciate it.

Agreed. As Jerin pointed out, there are currently 5 Royal Caribbean ships that have this feature. Oasis/Allure/Freedom/Liberty and Independence of the Seas.

Disney ships also have a smiliar set up. Their baby splash zone is a Mickey Hat. ;)

Just a quick note that I believe, but am not 100% certain, that the small water play/pool for non potty-trained children in swim diapers allows only non-trained children in swim diapers. By that I mean that the older child would not be allowed into it. Certainly both children will have water play/pool available and both are in the same area of the ship, but I think they may be separate enough that an adult would need to be with each one. Could a parent (or anyone) who knows the setups on the Freedom and Oasis class ships chime in with whether that it correct?

beachchick

Just a quick note that I believe, but am not 100% certain, that the small water play/pool for non potty-trained children in swim diapers allows only non-trained children in swim diapers. By that I mean that the older child would not be allowed into it. Certainly both children will have water play/pool available and both are in the same area of the ship, but I think they may be separate enough that an adult would need to be with each one. Could a parent (or anyone) who knows the setups on the Freedom and Oasis class ships chime in with whether that it correct?

beachchick

I'll verify on Liberty of the Seas in a couple of weeks, but having had closely-spaced children in the past (3 non-multiples in 30 months), places with maximum age restrictions were usually pretty compassionate in allowing me to take say, my 3 year old, into a 2 and under area with my 1 and 2 year olds, and since some 3 year olds aren't trained yet, I'm not sure that they'd particularly notice whether or not he has a swim diaper under his trunks.

Just a quick note that I believe, but am not 100% certain, that the small water play/pool for non potty-trained children in swim diapers allows only non-trained children in swim diapers. beachchick

Yes, this is correct. :)

We found this out when my youngest stopped by the Baby Splash Zone and started helping one mom by blowing bubbles for the babies. All was well until the deck patrol came and asked me to remove her because she was potty trained. ;)

My daughter was 3 at the time. So they do ask that children who are potty trained stay out of that area. I am sure it minimizes the health risk.

We just got off of Liberty. Our daughter used the baby splash pool designed for the non-diapered. During one of the Royal Babies/Toddlers program activities at the splash pool, a family brought their older children to play with their baby in the splash pool, and the supervising employee had no problem with this set up. In fact, I saw older children in the splash pool without comment on a few occasions. Perhaps because the ship had few children and the children were all within the same family they were willing to make exceptions? It can be difficult if you are a parent with children of different ages, but the pools are adjacent, so you could stay with the baby in the splash pool and still keep an eye on the older child in a neighboring splash area if they are not allowed together in the splash pool, but maybe that would be easier if there were 2 adults present, in the event that intervention was needed. At any rate, enjoy your cruise!

Archived