TSA Locks?

barrbr

If I put one of the TSA locks on my luggage as you would when travelling by air, is that acceptable at the cruise terminal? Do they have the same TSA keys to open the locks instead of cutting them?

TIA

According to some people on here they do not have TSA keys.. But I still plan on locking my luggage..:D

According to some people on here they do not have TSA keys.. But I still plan on locking my luggage..:D

We always lock ours too with TSA locks and if they see something suspicious via xray in your luggage they will call you down to open your luggage.

The security folks are third party contract people for the most part. They do not have access to the keys and codes for TSA approved locks.

It's not necessary to lock your luggage but I do ( I use plastic zip ties... ) as the folks who you hand your bags over to are neither security people nor employees of Carnival. They are employees of the Port Authority and Carnival has no responsibility for what occurs to your bags until the luggage arrives on the ship.

:)

My hunnie used a TSA lock on our last cruise and they didn't open it, but they did call him to come to security to open the suitcase so they could check it. (By the way, they took his bottle of hooch too!)

That's exactly why they wanted him to open his suitcase.....the hooch!

If I put one of the TSA locks on my luggage as you would when travelling by air, is that acceptable at the cruise terminal? Do they have the same TSA keys to open the locks instead of cutting them?

They won't cut off your locks on the ship. If they want to open your bags, they will call you down to do it for them.

I don't want anybody rifling my stuff unsupervised.

The port doesn't have TSA keys...only the airports do. You do NOT have to use TSA locks, even for flying. We use Master locks (keyed)...if someone needs to get into our stuff, they'll have to either call us to open it (my preference) or cut the lock, in which case, we'll KNOW someone has been in our things.

LOCK YOUR BAGS, if they are not in your possession. Even if you don't have anything worth stealing, no one has a right to go into your things. And, you don't want anyone to be able to "slip" something into your bags that YOU didn't know was in there! LOCK YOUR BAGS!

Archived