Ruby Princess Venice- Ft. Lauderdale Oct 19, 2011

RMorningglory

With less than 80 days... we are planning suitcases!

You *really* are counting down aren't you?!

Other than paying for it and putting a really very long line on the annual leave planner at work; I haven't given it all that much thought!

I just say something to keep the thread near the top pages so people can find it.... I'll in reality pack the day before and the only reason I know how many days are left is thanks to the thing on this site that counts it down. I really am "Normal" I promise. LOL ;) We are all looking forward to it though. I am on a bit of a diet/work-out regimen so that I can partake in the food and drink fun... so I know how many weeks I have left before It's going to be too late to loose a few.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm here!

I just got in from work. I can't wait until it's time to go.

At the moment I'm working mad hours trying to get a Project off the ground that really needs a lot of working to stop it going horribly wrong.

I'm convinced summer has gone. I'm biking to work everyday (it only about 4 miles away) and it's getting colder and colder. It's supposed to still be august!

How long now? About 7 weeks isn't it?

This is the first time I've cruised as a vegetarian. I'm going to miss those burgers. And the prime rib! Oh why do I do this to myself?!

Hummmm.... I think it's like there are no athiests in a foxhole. What happens on the Ship STAYS on the Ship. I'll get the Ketchup!! I'm on a little regimen to try and get in shape for this adventure. I want to look good in my trunks. LOL

How much pool time was there on past trans-atlantic cruises at this time of the year? We're sanctuary fans but wonder how much we will use it on our sea days. Any Advice??

Glad you woke up H3rjp. Get that project on the rails so you can RELAX with us. ;)

I was officially excited about the trip for the first time this morning.

Finally dug out the passport and sorted out the ESTA for the 6 hours or so we'll on US soil. Then paid a small fortune for the health insurance part of the trip coverage ... Then... finally... Entered it all into the cruise personalised and printed the boarding passes. Whoop!!

I have yet to do Boarding Passes as I'm researching wineries in the Veneto for our pre-cruise jaunt. Hopefully these will be the source for 18 days of on-board libation. How many cases of wine can you get int the trunk of an Opal? Research and answer to follow after we've had the actual experience. We'll be glad to share. :p

I have yet to do Boarding Passes as I'm researching wineries in the Veneto for our pre-cruise jaunt. Hopefully these will be the source for 18 days of on-board libation. How many cases of wine can you get int the trunk of an Opal? Research and answer to follow after we've had the actual experience. We'll be glad to share. :p

Opels come in many different sizes! Get an Insignia, they're almost what you'd call a full-size.

Opels come in many different sizes! Get an Insignia, they're almost what you'd call a full-size.

Thanks so much for the tip!! I organized the paperwork for the entire trip this week... There's a lot for 4 of us. I'm the one that has been organizing the details and the other 3 are along for the ride.

I'm interested to know what you all have decided to do for tours?? Barcelona, Lisbon and the Azores are the points that I have not focused on and think we may just wing unless anyone has a suggestion. I'm hoping my parents will be too popped to pop by then and AJ and I can do a little bit on our own.

Also, Does anyone know if the "Shuttle" from the ship to Venice is unlimited use or do you have to buy more than one ticket if you use it more than once? Any past experience would be GREAT!

Is everyone packing their Speedo's?

At 42 things don't go as quickly as they used to! AJ is absolutely NO HELP. Last night he brought Chocolate Cake home from work... um... NOOOO!!! We went to the grocery store the other day and I had the bottom part of the cart and he had the top (Shut up...I know) and I had all healthy stuff and he's got Mac and Cheese and cookies. As I'm shopping I see a girl from the Gym who works with my trainor just after me and I just about fell over myself blamming him for all the crap and showing her my stuff just in case she went back and told Bunni at the Gym. LOL.

We are getting excited about our trip. I almost wish I was just bobbing around in the Carribean with you guys as I could use the rest but we have 9 port days and 9 sea days on this trip so I figure I can at least sleep through 1/2 of it. LOL We also have my parents in tow so that's a bit of work but they are pretty mych "Wind em up and they'll follow" types so that's cool. My Dad and AJ play mean games of cribbidge too so that will keep them occupied for hours. We arrive in Florence on a Monday and all the Museums are CLOSED which is a little bit of a bummer (No Naked David :() But there's enough to keep us all interested.

We leave 4 weeks from today and I feel like I'm never going to be ready no matter how much I plan ahead. Oh well... next year it's a Jock Strap and a Head Band and that's it even for formal nights I swear! I hope you and the Lads have a fantastic time and that you keep us informed of next years option although there are no Carribean options for October next year so we may have to get creative. Hopefully the group on this trip is 1/2 as much fun as you all... then it will be a great trip!

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

My waist line still isn't want I want either. I was hoping to drop a few lbs, alas it hasn't happened :mad:

I'm still working and don't finish work until the day before embarkation as we only have a relatively short flight. We'll drive to London straight from the office! I so can't wait now.

Sounds good. Leave the London weather behind please!!! Do you lads generally do the FOD gatherings? We all need to have drinks at some point after sail away!

Do any of you guys know if the shuttle tickets that Princess provides to St Mark's Square allows multiple trips or is it 1 round trip only?? Trying to figure out the best way to do it. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Can't wait all together!! YEAY

Archived