Aztec Dinner show and cliff Divers, Acapulco?

angiebabes

""Past Cruises:

Thomson Spirit - 2 weeks May 2006

Thomson Emerald - 2 weeks May 2007

Thomson Spirit - 2 weeks May 2008

P&O Ventura - a blissful 2 weeks in the Caribbean November 2008""

How did you get on with PandO after Emerald and Spirit? We cruised on both these ships prior to PandO and feel that they were well on a par with PandO, with the exception of entertainment with is far superior to that on PandO.

Not done the block of flats Ventura and having been wined and dined on Azura which is a little more up market to Ventura, have no desire to.

Mike

If you would like to the do divers only. outside on the wharf there are taxi drivers lined up spruking tours. for $25 my wife and i had a tour of the bay

he then took us to the divers you pay $3 per person to go to the viewing point at bottom of gorge the divers start here they climb down then swim acrose the gorge then climb up to the diving position you can touch the divers from this point the taxi driver waits and takes you back to the ship.

make sure you have plenty of small dollar notes you can get these from reception. enjoy Grumphy

I really wantedto know what the Aztec Show was like, ie the meal quality etc? The hotel looks beautiful but on tripadvisor the reviews are not that good.Thought it sounded like a lovely end to the cruise on 13th Feb?? Have already booked the early boat trip and divers which cruises along the bay. Then i thought we would spend the afternoon on Acapulco beach after lunch on Oceana. I dont want to waste my money on the showin the evening if the meal is rubbish with it been the last night. So anyone that has done this trip i would love to know their views etc.

PS we enjoyed the Ventura!

Angie

We went to the hotel last year with a P&O trip. It wasnt an evening trip, it was just a morning one. We had a tour of Acapulco and then on to the hotel for a drink and a brilliant view of the cliff divers. After the diving display there was a show by the Aztec dancers which was interesting. Take plenty of change for tips cos the dancers wait as you go out and expect a tip and the cliff divers wait for you at the door for a tip! Then you run a gauntlet of vendors selling the usual tourist stuff that you have to avoid when you walk back to the coach!

""Past Cruises:

Thomson Spirit - 2 weeks May 2006

Thomson Emerald - 2 weeks May 2007

Thomson Spirit - 2 weeks May 2008

P&O Ventura - a blissful 2 weeks in the Caribbean November 2008""

How did you get on with PandO after Emerald and Spirit? We cruised on both these ships prior to PandO and feel that they were well on a par with PandO, with the exception of entertainment with is far superior to that on PandO.

Not done the block of flats Ventura and having been wined and dined on Azura which is a little more up market to Ventura, have no desire to.

Mike

To be fair we loved the Thomson Spirit, it's probably our favourite ship, but that could be because it was our first cruise! We weren't so keen on the Emerald, but we liked the itinerary when we went on it. Been on the Destiny twice, but that's looking a bit tired now.

We really liked it when we went on Ventura. It is very big, but after a couple of days, it's easy to find your way round. We've found Thomson's prices now are getting a bit steep. Going on Oceana in the New Year and find that P and O offer better value for money than Thomson's.

Have to agree Thomson entertainment was much better than on Ventura.

Ann

We shared a taxi with 2 friends a few years ago on New Years Eve and he took us to see the divers and show. I can't remember the price but it was so little compared with the tour price. We sat at a table away from the tours and had a refreshing drink.

Caryl

PS - the dance show was a bit naff!

Archived