Which Ambrose tour- Island Delight or Land & sea?

Fourseventeen

Just as the topic states...which tour should we take. Looks like the 2 are close to the same. Has anyone done either of these?

We did the West Coast Island Delight tour--which is a land sightseeing tour. Spencer's land and Sea tour bascially offers the same sites as the West Coast but since it allows you to travel back to the cruise ship pier by water taxi, you are offered a few extra advantages.

1. You do not have to travel back again on the winding roads

2. You get more time at Jalousie beach

3. You are offered a tour of the west coast by sea

If these options are important to you, then the Land & Sea is the way to go. Since the Land & Sea tour is new, we did not have this option to choose from when we toured with Spencer last summer.

Since our family went on the West Coast Island Delight tour, I can give you my review and share photos of this particular tour with you. To give you a good idea what the West Coast Island Delight tour was like, you may read my review with photos, by clicking on the link below and reading posts # 104-107.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1038334&page=6

I have also put together a youtube video of our tour and day in St. Lucia.

Carnival Victory—Our Day in St. Lucia with Spencer Ambrose Tours, July 9, 2009

Our fourth port stop took us to the beautiful and lush island of St. Lucia. We booked the West Coast Island Delight Tour with Spencer Ambrose Tours. We saw the fishing villages of Anse La Raye and Canaries, visited a Banana Plantation, cooled off in the Toraille Waterfalls, walked through the Botanical Garden, smelled the pungent odor of sulfur at Sulphur Springs and went swimming at the breathtaking Jalousie Beach nestled between the majestic Pitons. Length: 5:53

Overall, our family throughly enjoyed the West Coast Island Delight Tour. Whichever tour you choose, I am sure you will have a fantastic time! Good luck deciding!

awesome post and info...thank you for taking the time to do that. I went ahead and booked the land and sea tour. winding roads in a tour bus can make me sick if I cant see the road ahead and I am a water baby so the more time I can spend seeing the sights along the ocean the better :D

Just for info Spencer is now doing a tour to Jalouise Beach and back by sea as a result of a tour I asked him to price for me.

My kids are desperate to see the Pitons as they have studied the island at school but I think the drive there will be too much for them and I don't want to run the risk of them "decorating the bus with their breakfast!":eek:

• 1 month later...

We did the Land & Sea tour on Christmas day and can give it - and Spencer - a big thumbs up. Some of the island sites such as the botanical gardens are inaccessible due to the hurricane. The route to the volcano is a little longer as well for the same reason. This was a nice combination of both, with some beach time in between. On the boat trip back, he showed us several sites that can only be seen from the sea, and the view of the Pitons is beyond breathtaking. Spencer dropped us off right in front of the Emerald, and we couldn't have been closer by any other means of transportation. Definitely go for the Land & Sea as it is a great way to see lovely St. Lucia.

Archived