Need help on packing for a 15 day cruise on Mariner

Solera

So all you cruise vetrans, What would you suggest packing for 15 night Panama cruise . I dont want to pack too much but also, not too little.

4 pair of shoes takes up 1/2 a large suit case already . lol

Any Packing tips you would suggest i take?

Cor & Nan

Mariner through Panama Canal

3-3-2005 -> 3-17-2005

You'll probably have 2 formal nights to start with. The other nights will be split between informal and country club casual. The weather will be very warm ( high 80s to mid 90s daytime) from Grand Cayman until you get to Cabo San Lucas, so plan accordingly for daytime wear.

Have you been on Radisson before? Dinner wear is definitely nice but you don't have to feel like you must be a fashion plate.

I bring black evening pants and a black evening skirt and an assortment of tops that mix and match back and forth. I don't have a problem repeating dinner outfits and it saves a lot of room if you can be willing to wear things more than once. Colorful scarves and shawls or pashminas can dress up basic outfits and make them look different without having a big impact on your suitcase space.

Daytime wear is what you'd wear at home, taking the weather into account. I would bring shorts and tops and comfortable sandals and walkers. I hear your complaint about the shoes! I usually pack my bag and then tuck the shoes, soles down, around them.

Have a great trip!

Solera,

When are you leaving? We are departing next week March 3rd. Checked the weather channel 93 and humid in the canal area. I'm shipping most of my stuff ahead of time. How are you doing with your packing? Marti :)

Hey Marti!

We are flying to Ft. Lauderdale on Wednesday March 2nd. Staying overnight and getting on the ship the following day, March 3rd. Got most of our stuff packed now but not planning to send it early. Only 2 large bags to check-in and then each of us with a carry-on. Excited for the trip but wondering if we will be one of the "youngsters" on this cruise.:confused:

I like the idea of flying out a day early...can never tell about these Minnesota winters and we could get Snowed-in and not get a flight out in time.:eek:

See ya on the ship?

Solera

Hi Randy,

I used 'international Port Services" Phone 1-800-395-9750. The Radisson Line suggested them. Have found them very professional and informative. If you decide to use them tell them I referred you to them. I get a future discount the next time I use their service. It's a nice perk. Marietta J. Trainer, Shamong NJ....enjoy your trip. :)

Hi Randy,

I used 'international Port Services" Phone 1-800-395-9750. The Radisson Line suggested them. Have found them very professional and informative. If you decide to use them tell them I referred you to them. I get a future discount the next time I use their service. It's a nice perk. Marietta J. Trainer, Shamong NJ....enjoy your trip. :)

Hi, Cor & Nan,

We will be arriving on the 2nd also. We are staying at the Marriott by the pier. Where will you be staying?

I agree re: that white stuff falling from the sky....it's doing it as I write here in South Jersey. We're in for a possibe Nor'easter on Monday.....I'm holding my breath ..:)

Oh, please, no nor'easters on Monday! The worst ones in the winter have wrecked havoc on my mid-Atlantic community in the past.

Dressing on RSSC for a 2 week cruise can vary depending on where you are. I just got back from Leg 2 of the World Cruise (14 nights), and we had 3 formal nights rather than the normal 1 per week...always on sea days and on special nights like Captain's Welcome Aboard night (night 2), Seven Seas Society night, and Captain's Goodbye party. Depends on how many sea days, I think. I am totally with Marna Lou with that "black" thing. Just before my last cruise, I ordered georgette slacks, and two long different skirts from Nordstrom, and three different tops. I will be wearing these things for years, not having bought any for the past ten! To me, dressing for dinner is not an event, it is a requirement, and you want to make it as easy as possible. Go with Marna Lou's advice and repeat, although if you can add that extra top, it will go with those same old black bottoms! Dress during the day like you do at home in that climate. Definitely a wide variety here. Since I just got back from a WC leg, I realized that I was a lot more casual, but those people didn't even get off the ship. It is just a part of the genre of world cruising, I suppose.

Hey Marti!

Only three more days left before we fly to Ft. Lauderdale! We are staying at the La Quinta near the airport and cabbing it to the pier the next day. WE are ready for some R-E-L-A-X-A-T-I-O-N and FUN! :D

Solera:

A nice thing about the Mariner is the availability of self service laundry facilities onboard. There are several laundry rooms, and use of the facilities is free. Good irons and ironing boards are also provided. Of course, different people use these in different ways. Some don't want to do any laundry at all. Others don't mind washing AND ironing on board. Others (like us) avail ourselves of these facilities to reduce the number of garments that don't require ironing in our packing.

Hope this helps,

Richard:) :) :)

Thanks, Richard!

We plan to make use of the laundry rooms. Fourteen days is just too many days to pack for and not intend to do a little wash. That is what one of those Days-at-Sea are for.:) Hopefully, we will pack and leave a bit of room in order to bring back items from the ports and such. Would hate to have too much and not enough luggage room for it all.:eek: We are sooooo ready for this. Need a couple weeks of being pampered, fed, rooms cleaned for us etc etc etc. forget all the worries of life for a while:p

---------------

Solera

Archived