Rhapsody Upgrades

Debsta

Just curious if the upgrade fairy has been coming to Rhapsody cruisers? I'm not giving up my cabin (JS corner aft :p) but I'm hoping the kids might get one :)

Hi, I had an upgrade from a D2 balcony to a JS in 2008, buth nothing recently. Although on my cruise on 27/10 I also was not going to give up my JS corner aft, and it was fantastic!:D I did speak to someone on that cruise that was upgraded from a Ocean View to a family suite, so it still happens!

I asked one of the sales/service girls at Royal Caribbean Australia the same question. She told me that all upgrades are done from the Miami office, but she did say being a frequest cruiser on Royal Caribbean is definatly an advantage for a possible upgrade, as is being a high grade C&A member. nothing about cruise critic members chances

Just curious if the upgrade fairy has been coming to Rhapsody cruisers? I'm not giving up my cabin (JS corner aft :p) but I'm hoping the kids might get one :)

Hi Debsta,

We were lucky enough to get an upgrade on Rhapsody in April this year to a Grand Suite! We originally booked a JS as there were 4 of us (2 adults/2 kids) and about 2 days before I received an email from travel agent to say we had been upgraded. This was our first cruise so we weren't C&A members. I think we got this because we missed out on the opportunity of upgrading a couple of months before our cruise (from memory the offer was to upgrade to either Owners Suite/Grand Suite or Family suite for $200 per person). By the time the travel agent called RCI back all upgrade offers had been taken! So this must have been noted somewhere on our booking. Also the fact that we had 4 booked in a JS....thank god we had the bigger room. Hope this helps! Donna

Although it happens, it doesn't happen very often. Being on a peak time cruise as yours is also reduces the chance.

RCCL also changed their policies to their members recently to increase the opportunities given to their highest status members. Although you can't predict what will happen, it doesn't seem very likely.

Debsta, we have the corner aft cabin below the JS on deck 8 and we have said no to an upgrade. Not giving that little gem up :)

Archived