A GOOD CRUISE FOR DH & ME ALONE?

kg66

We Will Be Celebrating Our 10th Anniversary, We Never Had A Honeymoon, And We'll Be Celebrating My 40th Birthday! We Just Got Back From The Disney 3 Day Cruise, And I'm Already Planning Next Year's "big" Trip. We Are Going Without The Girls, And I'm Interested In Rccl, But Know Absolutely Nothing About Their Ships Or Ports. Can Someone Please Recommend A Good Cruise. We Like To Check Out The Islands, Not Much For The Excursions, And We Like To Just Enjoy The Quiet!! I'm Looking At March 2006. Thanks, Kathy

Have you talked to a Travel Agent who specializes in cruises? That's the best place to start an investigation like this, they can find out what kind of things you like to do, and what your pricerange is, and give you a few suggestions. Once you've got that, then come back and ask away for advice.

DH and I went on RCCL Explorer of the Seas for our Honeymoon last June. We had a blast. Neither one of us had ever been on a cruise or out of the country for that matter. We loved everything about the cruise. We enjoyed the ports as well. I thought the atmosphere was perfect for our honeymoon, fun and romantic. Our ship went to San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Naussa. We enjoyed all ports but would probably stay away from Naussa if we did it again. We loved the cruise so much we convenced his whole family to go so we are all going on a Carnival cruise next Jan. RCCL is a great cruise to celebrate.

Rebecca

DW and I and another couple just did the Enchantment of the Seas. She does shorter itineraries (4 and 5 night) and leaves from FLL. We chose it because we didn't want to be away too long from our son and this was perfect. The 5 night we chose went to Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Grand Cayman and had two days at sea. We thought it was great. It wasn't a huge Voyager class ship, but was on par with the size of the Magic/Wonder. It was in great shape and is going in for a refurb this Spring that includes adding a section to the ship to "stretch" her out and add restaurants and activities. The service was excellent and ship beautiful. You may want to check it out. Good luck deciding.

here is a link to my recent review if you are interested...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=131687&highlight=Enchantment+Jamaica

Frankly I do not think it would really matter what cruise you took. If a particular cruise you pick had alot of excursions just do not go on them. I really don't mean to be disrespectful but any cruise with my DH is romantic and what you make of it.

Marilyn

I think it really does matter which cruise you take. Why spend money on a cruise line or ship that does not meet your needs or desires? We are talking about an expensive trip here and I do not get very much time alone with my DH so I enjoy planning a trip on a ship I know we will enjoy.

For us, good food and service in an upscale enviroment is what we enjoy. Rock climbing walls and ice rinks are great if we take the kids, but when we are alone we shy away from these ships as they are very crowded and popular with families. This is not what we look for in a just-the-two-of-us vacation.

We enjoy dressing for dinner. Buffets are only chosen as a last resort when there are no other options. We prefer to be served and not eat cafeteria style. We like a nice cabin with a balcony because we enjoy a quiet pot of coffee in the mornings and a glass of wine before dinner all by ourselves.

We do not enjoy Vegas and are both not fans of a spring break atmosphere.

We would never choose a Carnival ship nor would we sail on HAL. Both are not right for us for different reasons.

Celebrity and Royal Caribbean's Radiance class meet our needs and we are assured of having a cruise that offers the amenities most important to us.

Archived