Interior Balcony on Oasis vs. Outside Balcony

party-of-5-ny

Hi,

I'm getting ready to book a cruise on either the Allure or the Oasis, for next November.

I just cannot decide whether to book an interior balcony, or exterior.

I've heard that the balconies over Central Park are quieter than balconies overlooking the Boardwalk, but I think it would be neat to see the water show and possibly the ocean, on a boardwalk balcony.

Can anyone give me some quick pro's and con's to the inside balconies? We enjoy our balcony time very much, and as much as we love the ocean view, we thought it would be something different to be able to "people watch" for a change.

The Ocean View balconies will give you privacy...on the "interior" balconies, any and everyone will be looking at you.

When I'm at a beach or on a cruise, the OCEAN is the main thing....I want to be able to see it from my room!

I'd book an OV balcony, at the very least! When you're NOT in your cabin, you can "people watch" all you want!

I usually book an aft "ocean-view" balcony, because I LOVE to watch the wake. But on Oasis I decided to give the Boardwalk-view balcony a whirl. I LOVED it! There was always something going on of interest. We had the last balcony, next to the Aqua Theater, on deck 10, and our view was amazing. We could see the Boardwalk, the Aqua Theater, and the ocean (and I could still watch the wake)! I enjoyed it so much, I booked another Boardwalk-view balcony on Allure. I never thought too much about the privacy issue. I guess folks could see me out on my balcony, but I didn't really care about that or even think about it for that matter. I was too busy watching other stuff going on. I couldn't see inside anyone's cabin during daylight hours, so they probably could not see in my cabin either. At night the drapes are closed anyway, so again privacy was not an issue for us. I would not hesitate to book one of these Boardwalk-view balconies! It is a fun change of pace! :D I will point out that there is just sooooooo much to do on Oasis/Allure that we did NOT spend nearly the time on our balcony as we do on other ships! But, the time we DID spend was thoroughly enjoyed! I attached some photos taken from balcony 10729 on Oasis...

IMG_3875.jpg.5b0368b9908ea54689be60c252c043eb.jpg

IMG_4054.jpg.2a5a14965861ed21382d7453792a1601.jpg

IMG_4049.jpg.210cffa5d27f8963280fa97d83bea799.jpg

IMG_4060.jpg.193e68156bd1e5c020168f3fba213811.jpg

IMG_4055.jpg.d2f063021d21256128302c783d675d46.jpg

I had the choice of city park or outside balconys and I think cb came to my rescue and Im happy with my choice. What someone said is this ship is closed in more than some other ships, more things going on inside, so its nice to have a outside balcony to get away from it all when you want.

Archived