Check in problem

perlgirlnj

I just went to complete the online check-in for our Dec. 18th cruise on the Eclipse. I went through the cabin for DH and myself; all was fine. I then went to finish up the pieces I had to do separately for 3 DD's (ages 19, 19, and 17) and celebrity.com wouldn't let me because "one of the passengers must be 21 for reservation". We've cruised several times with our daughters in their own cabin, including on Celebrity 2 years ago, without having to do any switching around of one parent in each room or anything like that.

Our TA's service office opens in the morning and I will call to get it straightened out (I assume) but I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this before and how it worked out.

Again, I've never had to do any re-booking to put an adult in each cabin. Our kids were always booked in their own cabin from our first cruise, which was when they were 16, 16 and 14.

Hmmm.

I just went to complete the online check-in for our Dec. 18th cruise on the Eclipse. I went through the cabin for DH and myself; all was fine. I then went to finish up the pieces I had to do separately for 3 DD's (ages 19, 19, and 17) and celebrity.com wouldn't let me because "one of the passengers must be 21 for reservation". We've cruised several times with our daughters in their own cabin, including on Celebrity 2 years ago, without having to do any switching around of one parent in each room or anything like that.

Our TA's service office opens in the morning and I will call to get it straightened out (I assume) but I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this before and how it worked out.

Again, I've never had to do any re-booking to put an adult in each cabin. Our kids were always booked in their own cabin from our first cruise, which was when they were 16, 16 and 14.

Hmmm.

Excellent information to know, I guess the computer is programmed to pick up these things.

Very simple for on line check in: put one adult in each cabin. When on board, adults in one, kids in the other.

I just never had this problem before, even sailing Celebrity when my kids were younger. I never had to do what you suggest.

I just got off the phone w. Celebrity customer service who suggested a work-around. I guess others have had problems with the website of late so perhaps this will work. I'll update if anyone cares.

The workaround worked. I needed to go to check in without signing in, and then start with my daughters' reservation and that worked. The next problem was then accepting the contract for them as minors in my reservation--I still couldn't get that to work. Then I remembered that I was using Google Chrome as my browser and some websites don't work that well with Chrome. So I signed in again using Internet Explorer and then it finally worked.

We are checked in and ready to go--too bad we've still got nearly 3 weeks until sail date!!:o

Excellent! Thanks for posting this workaround! I am embarrassed to say I have been trying what I though was every possible combination to do this for the past several months. But your post was the only one that worked (to update information NOT LOGGED IN).

By the way... were you ever able to make a payment on your kids' reservation account online? Although I can get check-in information, it will still not take an online payment for a "guest under age 21" for that reservation number.

Excellent! Thanks for posting this workaround! I am embarrassed to say I have been trying what I though was every possible combination to do this for the past several months. But your post was the only one that worked (to update information NOT LOGGED IN).

By the way... were you ever able to make a payment on your kids' reservation account online? Although I can get check-in information, it will still not take an online payment for a "guest under age 21" for that reservation number.

We booked through a TA so I didn't make payments online. The TA had no problem accepting money for our "under 21 year old" kids! :D

Archived