Panama City Experience vs. Monkey Watch??

insulationbabe

We think these two look interested - 6 of us going on Feb.14 - any thoughts here would be much appreciated - thanks

Two TOTALLY different experiences . . . Panama City Experience and Monkey Watch! I hesitate to quote myself, BUT . . .

There are about three major tour companies, and a few smaller ones, that serve the cruise industry in Panama. The name of the tour may vary from cruise line to cruise line, but most ships offer a similar selection of tours in Panama. Unfortunately few ships remain in Panama overnight, so generally you’ve got one day and a lot of fantastic tour opportunities. Folks always ask, “What is the best tour?” I generally answer that it depends on you and your interests: unfortunately you can’t do them all.

So there is no one "best" tour . . . the Panama City Experience is going to focus more on the history of Panama and the Canal. If you are going through the Canal, on a full transit, you will get the best view of everything from the ship, so I'm not sure a trip to Miraflores Visitor Center will give you that much more. Monkey Island is going to focus more on the natural beauty and abudance of the rain forest and take your cruising along some of the inlets of Gatun Lake, where you will see monkeys and wildlife. It just depends on what interests you . . . and your group. And you don't all have to take the same tour! Both are fun ways to spend the day.

Regards, Richard

Archived