NCL and Bannister Island

Jeffffffs

• 1 month later...
NCL now offers a "beach break" at what appears to be Bannister Island. Does anyone know if the excursion leaves directly from the ship, or if you need to tender first?

We have the same question as Jeff.

Any recent NCL cruisers who took the Beach Break in Belieze know the answer to this question?

Thanks!

Happy Cruisin' everyone!

Enjoy!

We have the same question as Jeff.

Any recent NCL cruisers who took the Beach Break in Belieze know the answer to this question?

Thanks!

Happy Cruisin' everyone!

Enjoy!

I found this review helpful on the NCL site:

"After arriving in Belize City, we boarded our 20-min tender to Bannister Island for our beach break. Please be aware that once you arrive at the island, there is not option to leave until the 4 hour duration of the excursion has ended."

So you don't tender directly from the ship, unfortunately.

Hi folks ~

We did the Bannister Island Beach Break last year. It was definitely our favorite day, and I actually contacted BI when it was not listed for our cruise in March! Linda at BI called NCL and they got everything squared away and we are very excited to be returning.

Last year, a little tender boat from BI picked us up directly at the ship. As a matter of fact, we were the first excursion off that day. It took about 15 or 20 minutes to get to BI. If you check out their webiste, the pictures definitely do it justice. It is small but beautiful and serene. We just sat in lounge chairs drinking rum punch while our son played with the other kids. My only complaint is that the visit to the island was too short.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have other BI questions. Also, we are on a NCL cruise (Pearl) departing 3/27. Let me know if you are on the same cruise (you never know!).

Hi folks ~

Last year, a little tender boat from BI picked us up directly at the ship. As a matter of fact, we were the first excursion off that day. It took about 15 or 20 minutes to get to BI.

Thanks so much for sharing this! Now I'm sold on a trip to BI. I wasn't sure if it was worth it to tender from the ship to Belize City, then take another boat to BI (all with a 2-year old in tow), but we can definitely manage a 20 minute ride directly from the ship. Do you have any pictures you can share or websites I could go to so I can convince my family that this is worth doing?

Thanks again!

Edited to add: Also, are there decent bathrooms on the island?

We will have our 10 1/2 month old with us; would this excursion work for us? Did you see others with small children? Obviously our choices are quite limited. Also, are there plenty of shaded areas? Don't want the little one to be in direct sunlight all day.

Thanks!

Hi folks ~

We did the Bannister Island Beach Break last year. It was definitely our favorite day, and I actually contacted BI when it was not listed for our cruise in March! Linda at BI called NCL and they got everything squared away and we are very excited to be returning.

Last year, a little tender boat from BI picked us up directly at the ship. As a matter of fact, we were the first excursion off that day. It took about 15 or 20 minutes to get to BI. If you check out their webiste, the pictures definitely do it justice. It is small but beautiful and serene. We just sat in lounge chairs drinking rum punch while our son played with the other kids. My only complaint is that the visit to the island was too short.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have other BI questions. Also, we are on a NCL cruise (Pearl) departing 3/27. Let me know if you are on the same cruise (you never know!).

• 1 month later...

Just returned from a stop in Belize on the NCL Pearl. Just confirming that if booked through NCL, you are included early on in the tendering process and you leave directly from the ship to Bannister Island.

I see no reason why you would not be able to take an infant on this excursion. Not too terribly rough and plenty of shade, if needed, throughout the island.

Bannister Island is beautiful and was not crowed at all the day we were there.

Go and enjoy!

Happy Cruisin'!

Archived