Cakes???

hlb76

My son will turn 16 on our cruise this winter. I was thinking about ordering him a cake through CCL to have delivered at dinner. While the cakes are not very expensive I was just wondering if it was worth it. We all love the normal desserts at dinner so should we really as add cake to the mix? I was thinking of ordering the smallest one so we can still get a fix of WCM or whatever.

I was also wondering when you order cake like this does everyone make a big deal out of it like they do in some resturants?

I'm just looking to try and do a little something specail for him! :)

My son will turn 16 on our cruise this winter. I was thinking about ordering him a cake through CCL to have delivered at dinner. While the cakes are not very expensive I was just wondering if it was worth it. We all love the normal desserts at dinner so should we really as add cake to the mix? I was thinking of ordering the smallest one so we can still get a fix of WCM or whatever.

I was also wondering when you order cake like this does everyone make a big deal out of it like they do in some resturants?

The cakes are yummy, and they come with the singing of Happy Birthday!!

Go for it! The cakes are inexpensive and very good. We got a chocolate cake for a friend's birthday just last weekend. Got the small sized, and it was plenty for 8 of us to share. Came with my friend's name on it, "Happy Birthday (name)", and the waiters sang. They also brought us a dessert menu - many just ordered ice cream to go with the cake. I also ordered warm chocolate melting cake and couldn't finish it - the birthday cake was that good!

We were given the rest of the wedding cake at dinner. The wedding cake was excellent. I ordered off the regular menu as well that night. I would go for it, the birthday cake is cheap, just get the smallest one.

Jen in SoCal

I think the cakes can be sent to your room. We got ours in the MDR complete with singing.

One thing I noticed in walking down the hall the last night is that there was much more leftover vanilla than chocolate out in the hallway. We ordered the gluten-free, which was really more like layered thick wafers with frosting between the layers.

Absolutely! Order the Choc. Choc Mousse cake. It is delicious and worth the cost. Plus your son will be surprised.

I got one on my last cruise in Nov and thinking of ordering one for our table on the next cruise it was so good.

:)

I have always gottena cake for either a birthday or anniversary occassion for friends on the cruise with me.. They do the singing thing and usually the tables all around sing and clap.. so its a nice surprise.. and as far as which is better.. they are bioth good.. the chocolate is very very chocolatey.. and the vanilla is good especially is you like strawberries. since that is the filling. Everytime I have gotten the cake everyone still gets a dessert. because I cannot go without my melting cake for even one night.. lol so I would say get the smaller one.. or offer pieces to your neighbors.

Archived