Legend swapping days??

In2why

I read in another thread that the Legend is often switching the days they dock in Roatan and Cozumel around. If this real common and when it happens how likely are private excursions to rearrange without losing deposits? How does Carnival notify the passengers? I am a bit freaked out because Conzumel is where we are renewing our vows. Yes, I know there is always a chance for anything to happen and I took the gamble, but I lessened some of the risk by choosing a place that doesn't tender, and not going during hurricane season. So with that said, I am curious how the vendors handle it. Thanks

On our 10-31-10 Legend cruise, we received a letter from the Captain as we waited in line to go through security. Originally, our port days were Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Roatan and Belize.

The port days were changed to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan (stayed the same day-Thursday) and Grand Cayman. Due to Hurrican Tomas, it rained in Roatan and we were unable to tender in Grand Cayman.

As we received the letter while checking in, folks were on the phone to vendors to advise of the switch in days. The vendors all knew about the change. Fellow roll call cruisers were scheduled for Nachi Cocum in Cozumel and were told "no worries" and to just come when they were in Coz.

Hope this helps!

Karen

We also got the letter from the captain while entering the security line. But our schedule differed from Karen's (maybe hers was different due to the storm...we had no explanation for our switch). Instead of Coz on Wed & Roatan on Fri, they were flipped. And the times changed as well. I had booked Nachi Cocom in Coz and Victor Bodden in Roatan. I went on the net and sent emails to both...no problem to switch.

Where are you renewing your vows? You may want to check with them ahead of time and explain that there have been a number of schedule changes with this ship lately, and how to they suggest notifying them if it happens on your sailing. Good luck!:)

We are also cruising on the Legend Dec. 19th hoping for no changes.I called carnival and they said they haven't heard of any.Booking excursions online

The customer service reps at Carnival will be of no use in this situation. They are usually the last to know anything...I love Carnival but they do have their faults and customer service lack of knowledge is a big one! LOL

Best bet would be to do as Irishlinny suggests and keep your eyes on CC for new info...believe me, it will show up here first.

Good luck! :)

Changes have been quite common this season apparently.

We got the letter when we boarded the ship on Nov 21 and immediately emailed the two non-Carnival excursions and it was no problem to change the dates. I would think the vendors are aware of frequent changes by now!

Archived