Red Sea visa help

I have done a search on here but there is conflicting answers - Do I need a visa when entering Sharm airport for the cruise? I went to Sharm in May and didn't because I didnt leave the Sinai Pen'. But surely I will on this cruise?

I am a travel agent and I should know.. but I was told conflicting reports in work too (Which isnt good!!!)

You will be given a form on the plane or at the airport to fill in, which you hand in with your passport at airport passport control if i remeber correctly.

Then on some nights during the cruise you have to leave passports at reception overnight for them to be stamped when visiting Jordan, again if I remeber correctly.

No visa required for cruise passengers and you will be advised on the plane about the procedures to follow. The trick is to ignore the airport staff directing you to the visa queue and head for the man with the cruise sign. For excursions etc the ship will make all the arrangements and the daily cruise news will inform you when to hand in your passport for stamping etc.

Replying from Ireland. Had been in Sharm before and did not require a Visa (once you are not leaving Sinai). This year in March we were doing the Red Sea Voyage and then staying a week in Sharm. Like you had heard a lot of conflicting stories re visa. Contacted the Egyptian Embassy in Dublin and they confirmed that "as an Irish Citizen, travelling in Egypt, Jordan etc we would require to have an Egyptian Visa BEFORE leaving Ireland. Duely applied and got a Visitor's Visa at a cost of 100.00 Euros.

We did this trip in February. One week cruise followed by a week in Sharm. We did not need a visa but did need to hand over our passports on the cruise for Thomson to do the relevent paperwork. As previously stated by Dave (Greetings from Medway, how do you like the snow) the cruise news each day will tell you when to hand in or collect passports.

Archived