Jade or Epic in June 2011?

jam82

I can't decide between the Jade and the Epic. I like the itinerary of the Jade, but am tempted by the Epic due to the newness and also the price. (We are looking at full suites, but probably not a courtyard villa due to the price.) This will be our 21st cruise, but only the second on NCL. The first was 10 years ago on the Sun and I don't remember all the info on the NCL.

1. Does anyone have pictures of the suites on either ship?

2. What extra amenities do you get with the courtyard villas?

3. Advantages of each?

4. Any info on NCL kids club?

Thanks to anyone that can help.

We have done suites on both ships so I will try to answer at least some of your questions. Both ships have courtyards and the villas are similar with the exception of the penthouse which is one large room on Epic and two rooms on Jade. There is no garden villa on Epic. The Epic Owners suites differ by floor and location. You may be able to find pictures on cruisestateroom.com. Jade owners suites [except for one between the garden villas] are not on the Courtyard deck but have access to the courtyard. The Epic has spa suites on the same deck as the spa that are one large room similar to the penthouses on the courtyard deck. Jade has Family "villas" on deck 11 that are a living room, bedroom with wonderful bath and small bedroom with shower bath which is suitable for one adult or two children. As I remember butler service is included in all of these rooms but you can check this on NCL website. I am not sure about amenities as we are frequent NCL cruisers and for that reason are considered VIP. Advantages would, of course, be personal opinion but to us the main advantage in the Caribbean is the courtyard. This is not as true in Europe where the advantage becomes priority tender service and other things of that nature. The best advantage is always the butler and concierge. I am not familiar with kid's club on either ship except to say it is huge on Epic and my grandsons enjoyed it. We could not decide which of these cruises to do in Europe next summer either so settled it by doing both -- back-to-back!

Thanks for the info. Can you give me a rank order for the types of suites offered? I'm confused about all the different categories. Do all suites have access to the courtyard and the Epic Club. A NCL rep told me that on the Jade that the cover to Cagney's was waived for suite guest. Is this true.

I really appreciate your help and I'm so jealous that you are doing both. We can only do one, although I shouldn't complain too much since we just returned from a B2B.

Thanks for the info. Can you give me a rank order for the types of suites offered? I'm confused about all the different categories. Do all suites have access to the courtyard and the Epic Club. A NCL rep told me that on the Jade that the cover to Cagney's was waived for suite guest. Is this true.

I really appreciate your help and I'm so jealous that you are doing both. We can only do one, although I shouldn't complain too much since we just returned from a B2B.

Suite guests on the Jade can eat breakfeast and lunch in Cagneys for free. But you will have to pay a cover charge if you wish to eat in Cagneys for dinner.

Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking of going with 16014 (S4) on the Epic. Has anyone stayed in this cabin or could suggest one that might be better. I want to make sure I have a cabin with an open air balcony and heard that some cabins only have solarium balconies. I prefer the port side and thought it would be best to be on deck 16 as opposed to 17. Thoughts? Pictures?

Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking of going with 16014 (S4) on the Epic. Has anyone stayed in this cabin or could suggest one that might be better. I want to make sure I have a cabin with an open air balcony and heard that some cabins only have solarium balconies. I prefer the port side and thought it would be best to be on deck 16 as opposed to 17. Thoughts? Pictures?

You will be on the "pink"deck [17 is orange color scheme]! That is a very convenient stateroom -- close to everything! To see similar staterooms go to staterooms.com. There may be a $10.00 one time fee but I have found it worth it.

Archived