Dominica Tour and kids that get carsick!

cathy65

We have booked an island tour with Reyno for April. Two of my kids get carsick occassionally. In anyone's experience, have you had a problem with children and car sickness? I have read that it is a very mountainous ride. We don't know what else to do in Dominica, it seems everything involves alot of driving! Is their any shopping and good beaches?

Don't worry, most of the vans are easy to hose down since they have vinyl seats and floors! Seriously, the roads require the driver to go slow and the places were there are a few hairpens only last a few minutes. There are plenty of opportunities along the route to Trafalgar Falls and the Emerald Pool where you can pull over to take photos and get fresh air. It is a beautiful island and a great place for your kids to see waterfalls and tropical forests; I would take the chance.

I forgot to answer the other questions. There are no beaches in Dominica (therefore it will never be a big tourist draw like the other islands). Roseau is not a shopping port like Antigua, St. Martin, or St. Thomas; there are many stores and restaurants in Roseau but they cater to locals. Some people would find this very stimulating; others would find it intimidating. Dominica does not have a strong tourist trade, and is less wealthy (and less developed) than some of its neighbors. Take the van trip, you won't regret it.

Archived