Epic - entertainment/dining res - how is this checked on board??

inghilch

Hi, Were a family of 8 age 2-60 traveling on EPIC Dec 25th Cruise. We have 3 rooms and I've been trying to coordinate our dining and entertainment reservations. Im curious if anyone knows how do they check on board? Do you swipe a card to enter the Legends show? Or is your name checked off a list? Can you use other members of your parties name/reservation? In theory I should be able to swap out names. I mean I did pay regular price for my 2 and 3 year olds. Any insight would be very helpful!

THANKS!

Everything is by keycard and is in a central computer system. If you have access to all 3 cabins under My NCL before your cruise you can make all the reservations there. However, we never found there to be any problem changing our reservations once on board. There is a reservation desk you can go to, or use your cabin Interactive TV. It makes no difference what you paid per person...

The only entertainment that had seating that may be a problem would be the Cirque show. As long as you get there early and let the hostess know how many in your party, they will try to seat you together. If you wait, you may not sit together. Legends is in the large theater with plenty of seats...

Hi, Were a family of 8 age 2-60 traveling on EPIC Dec 25th Cruise. We have 3 rooms and I've been trying to coordinate our dining and entertainment reservations. Im curious if anyone knows how do they check on board? Do you swipe a card to enter the Legends show? Or is your name checked off a list? Can you use other members of your parties name/reservation? In theory I should be able to swap out names. I mean I did pay regular price for my 2 and 3 year olds. Any insight would be very helpful!

THANKS!

For reservations for the shows, i.e. Legends, Cirque, Blue Man, they DO swipe your cards to confirm that you have reservations for that particular day and time. For show reservations, I don't think you would be able to swap them out, remember your room card will have your picture on it, and they do compare your picture ID. For dining reservations, I would call and book them ahead if possible, you may also wait until you are on the ship to book dining reservations, but the dates and times you may want may already be filled up. If I were you I would definitely make reservations NOW, ahead of time, so that you are not disappointed, especially since you have young ones and may want early dinner reservations.

Thank you! So they actually check the photo and scan the card??? I was also trying to see if for the entertainment say I booked someone else at legends and I wanted to go instead could I? Could I just use their name? How strict is NCL? All 3 rooms are cross referenced.

I was able to make a lot of the reservations online. The problem I had is I couldnt get a lot of the res on the same day. For example, The Nick Slime, I could only get a couple of kids on one day and some on the other day so I figured we could just decide who was going when we got there. Another problem I had is for the more popular restaurants like Teppannki I was only able to book a reservation for 2 in each room. I called and there was nothing NCL could do. I said this doesnt make sense, we are 8, how can I only make a res for 6? NCL said you would just have to wait until you boarded. To go the restaurant and ask to "add" 2 more.

Thank you! So they actually check the photo and scan the card??? I was also trying to see if for the entertainment say I booked someone else at legends and I wanted to go instead could I? Could I just use their name? How strict is NCL? All 3 rooms are cross referenced.

I was able to make a lot of the reservations online. The problem I had is I couldnt get a lot of the res on the same day. For example, The Nick Slime, I could only get a couple of kids on one day and some on the other day so I figured we could just decide who was going when we got there. Another problem I had is for the more popular restaurants like Teppannki I was only able to book a reservation for 2 in each room. I called and there was nothing NCL could do. I said this doesnt make sense, we are 8, how can I only make a res for 6? NCL said you would just have to wait until you boarded. To go the restaurant and ask to "add" 2 more.

As soon as you get on board I would head to the buffet. Right outside of it you'll find the young ladies who take care of the dinner reservations. They should be able to get things straightened out for you. As far as the shows go you'll have to find out when the "box office" is open, it's located right outside of the Epic theatre. They should be able to get Slime Live and all tour other shows put togeather for you. Keep in mind you're not locked into anything and can change if your plans do as long as there is availability.

On our cruise last week we had no problem moving both shows and restaurant reservations around to accomodate groups. I tried to ask for help during quieter times (between mad rushes for breakfast/lunch/dinner and before the box office staff had to handle shows worked great).

My husband and I are traveling with my sister and her husband. If I want to make reservations for dinner or entertainment, can I just make the reservations for all 4 of us under my room number and have them pay separately when we show up? How does this work? Or, do we both have to sign in and sign up at the same time, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Wendy:)

My husband and I are traveling with my sister and her husband. If I want to make reservations for dinner or entertainment, can I just make the reservations for all 4 of us under my room number and have them pay separately when we show up? How does this work? Or, do we both have to sign in and sign up at the same time, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Wendy:)

You can book for dinner under 1 name and the pay the bill separately. For shows however you can only pre book for those in your room because the reservation is linked to your room card which becomes your ticket for the show. You don't have to book a show at the same time as long as you both book the same show. There are no reserved seats.

Archived