Travel kiddy Bag... Thoughts?

foxesden1

I don't know how old your children are, but I have a 5 year old and she carries her own bag. She is allowed to take what ever she wants that can fit in the bag and that she can carry. The only thing I carry for her is her electronics. You know how kids can be with their bags. They throw it this way and that way. I don't want her to break her electronics and be upset for the rest of the cruise.

Of course I check her bag while she is sleeping the night before. I just want to make sure she has some books, coloring instruments, and some activities. Usually she does. Also she puts some of her teddy bears in it. I have a rule she can only take two teddy bears with her. Her bag is not that heavy. However, she has enough things in there to keep her busy while we have down times on the plane, waiting to board the ship, or even on a rainy day. Just don't want her to be bored on the cruise.

My kids always take their own bag, up untiil recently my kids each had a small pull suitcase (now my DS age 10 has a backpack) but same as poster above. They can take pretty much whatever they can fit in the bag. Books, toys, stuffies, they take their electonics as well. I usually write a list of what they put in the bag and tape it to the inside of the suitcase. This way when they are repacking (on the plane or on the ship) they can make sure they have everything they packed.

I haven't bought a kit like the link, but they have packed many things similar to what seems to be in the kits. Dollar stores are great for lots of those things too.

From the first cruise we took (youngest was 5yrs old) each of the kids has taken their own bag - a small backpack usually. They can put into the bag whatever they want to occupy themselves. The bag always includes each child's favorite stuffed animal, a book or two, and video games. According to which child it is the rest is filled with whatever interests they are currently pursuing - sketch pad, pencils, markers, crayons, camera, journal, mp3 players, mini skateboards, action figures. The only rule is they have to be able to carry it.

Archived