Visas for Vietnam?

lara68

We are on the 2/29/11 Quest to Southeast Asia. Does anyone know if we individually have to get visas for Vietnam or if Azamara takes care of that?

Azamara will arrange on the ship and book the cost to your shipboard account

Azamara will take care of it and charge the fee to your account. If you are leaving the ship and flying from there (in the past some have met up with the ship in Thailand) you will need to get a Visa before you leave home.

We just went through this and have to get visas urgently. We thought Azamara organised it on-board, but they didn't tell us that they do that only if you take *their* shore excursions. If you do your own you'll need to arrange your own visas too. At least, that's what happens in Australia. Check with Azamara and make sure you tell them if you're arranging your own excursions.

We just went through this and have to get visas urgently. We thought Azamara organised it on-board, but they didn't tell us that they do that only if you take *their* shore excursions. If you do your own you'll need to arrange your own visas too. At least, that's what happens in Australia. Check with Azamara and make sure you tell them if you're arranging your own excursions.

This is not what we have been told by others who have cruised with Azamara and other cruise lines to Vietnam. I am sure you have been given the wrong information and that it is not just for those who book the ship excursions.

Also have searched other threads on this and all have confirmed that you can get your visas onboard irrespective of what tours you organise.

Azamara provided us with Visas for Vietnam this year and we did independant tours. In Cambodia we got our own since we left the ship overnight and flew to Siem Reap for the Angkor temples and then met up with the ship in Bangkok.

In the US the Cambodia Visa's were really easy to get as we just sent our passports to DC and they processed them in 3 days for $20.00 each. I think Vietnam would have gone to DC for US citizens but we were running out of time since we needed Visa's for China too, so left Azamara take care of them.

Azamara confirmed right by email earlier this year that they would get the Visa's, and they did. They gave us the wrong price of $25.00pp which was honored on the ship, but I think they are now closer to $40.00pp. Someone else can confirm.

Azamara confirmed right by email earlier this year that they would get the Visa's, and they did. They gave us the wrong price of $25.00pp which was honored on the ship, but I think they are now closer to $40.00pp. Someone else can confirm.

Hi

we are in UK and below is email response I received to my query re visas on 28th Oct 10 for 22/01/11 Quest cruise

"Dear Guest

Thank you for your email. Regarding visa's for Vietnam, these you will be

able to obtain when you are onboard ship, costs are not more than 50.00 US

dollars per person per visa.

Kind regards,

Admin Department

Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises & Azamara Club Cruises"

When I contacted Vietnamese Embassy in UK prior to this they also told me to get them on arrival as it would be cheaper.

Thanks for the info Cindi,

If we advance purchase visa's with an online service, do we then inform Azamara when onboard regarding this?

We're finally getting more organized with our departure only 4 1/2 weeks out. Let me know if there are any openings in any of your organized tours.

Still not booked at a post hotel in Singapore, its a tough choice as many properties seem so similar...

Thanks again....

Starting to get very cold here in Wisconsin with snow coming tonight. We've got a turkish rug party at our house tommorow,

We met a shopkeeper in the spice market in Istanbul who told us he is

a carpet wholesaler. He's in the USA now travelling between Chicago and

Minneapolis. He's stopping with 300 highly (I'll believe that when I see it) discounted carpets. We're serving Turkish tea and Baklava along with Turkish delight... We've got about a dozen neighbors, friends and relatives coming.... We're going to have a running slideshow of our

2 weeks on the Journey Sept & Oct.

I think one of the best parts of cruising is the memories....

The cost of purchasing a multiple entry visa through an on line company is $23.00. I think $89.00 is a bit excessive.

The visa is sent to your smartphone or computer.

Hi Cindi,

We've just returned from a land trip to Vietnam and I think you might be quoting the price for a Visa on Arrival Approval Letter, which doesn't include the actual visa or cost of it, and is only applicable to those arriving by air.

Visas for cruise passengers is a bit of a mystery, and I think it comes down to getting your own from the VN embassy in your country or having the ship arrange it.

A bit more info about VOA (only for those arriving by air):

Apply for a VOA (Visa on Arrival) ... which involves two steps: send an on line app plus payment ($15-$30 depending on who you use, and whether for single or multi-entry) to an agent in Vietnam, who in turn submits it to the Vietnam Immigration Office. That only gets you a Visa Approval Letter. Upon arrival at the airport, it's another $25. for a single entry visa, and $50. for multi entry. (Multi entry is only required if you leave the country and come back within the specified period.) This is the method we used and it worked very well. It's not an option for those on cruises, or when arriving by land at a border crossing.

The cost of purchasing a multiple entry visa through an on line company is $23.00. I think $89.00 is a bit excessive.

The visa is sent to your smartphone or computer.

I too am sure these visa's are only available for people arriving by air and only to certain international airports in Vietnam.

A single entry visa on the ship should not be $85 but I guess are using it to make money as well.

My source in the UK has just come back to me with a correction on the prices of visas on Board Quest.

Here is the correct info re Vietnam visas if you could kindly post please.

Apologies for the duff info we were sent before!

All visas for Vietnam can be done on arrival and there are 3 different types or fees

1. <LI value=1>
    Group Visa on arrival $30.00
    <LI value=2>
    Individual Visa (overland tours) $45.00

2. Emergency individual visa (late application) $55.00

Sue

Certainly on Quest in 2008 it was so easy, on that trip we stopped in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam and we paid one fee to Azamara. What they did was 48 hours before each country on your bed at night were the forms you needed for that country. There were different instructions for each country as to what we then had to do - as I recall we handed in our passports on embarkation and the ship held onto them which as I understand made it easier for the immigration processes.

My source in the UK has just come back to me with a correction on the prices of visas on Board Quest.

Here is the correct info re Vietnam visas if you could kindly post please.

Apologies for the duff info we were sent before!

All visas for Vietnam can be done on arrival and there are 3 different types or fees

1. <LI value=1>
    Group Visa on arrival $30.00
    <LI value=2>
    Individual Visa (overland tours) $45.00

2. Emergency individual visa (late application) $55.00

Sue

I am traveling on the Quest January 22, 2011. I have a friend who took the same cruise in Jan. 2010. He said they arranged Vietnamese visas onboard for a nominal fee. He recommended bringing 2 passport photos to expedite the process. I contacted Azamara this week and was told that the fee for the visa will be $50. She also recommended bringing 2 passport photos. I'm taking that advice and getting a set of photos.

I am traveling on the Quest January 22, 2011. I have a friend who took the same cruise in Jan. 2010. He said they arranged Vietnamese visas onboard for a nominal fee. He recommended bringing 2 passport photos to expedite the process. I contacted Azamara this week and was told that the fee for the visa will be $50. She also recommended bringing 2 passport photos. I'm taking that advice and getting a set of photos.

We're on the same cruise stitchwiz (join our roll call?). Might there be a problem if the "new" passport photos for the Quest-obtained visa are different from those in our official passport? Just wondering.

Might there be a problem if the "new" passport photos for the Quest-obtained visa are different from those in our official passport? Just wondering.

No ... as long as it looks like you.:) Our passports are 3 years old, and for our trip last month to VN, we brought photos that we had taken (at Costco) a few weeks earlier.

• 5 weeks later...

Have just got off the Quest Singapore to Hong Kong - the cost of the Visas for Vietnam was $30 and for Cambodia $28 all organised by the ship. Please note that you are required to provide two passport photos and these can be arranged on the ship for $10.

If you are staying off the ship overnight (for whatever reason) you will need to notify the front desk as there is a higher charge for a visa in this case.

The process is very simple and seems to appy to all nationalities.

Archived