Will bowl games be shown onboard?

melmar02

Last year we were on IOS during the Super Bowl, and they made a pretty big deal about it. It was shown in Studio B. We are sailing during the Cotton Bowl this year and were wondering if we would be able to see it onboard. We are on Voyager out of Galveston, the game is being played in Dallas, and a TX team is playing. We don't usually care about sports, but it's DH alumni so we would like to watch if possible. It's on a sea day too if that matters.

Thanks!

I dont see why not. Those games should be on regular network television. I'd imagine if they didnt show it somehow, they'd have some upset people by that. College football is just as popular as the NFL.

Bottom Line - Unless it's the SuperBowl ..... there's NO guarantee that you will get it. Given the regional specifics of your cruise, I'd say there is a really good chance.

Best advise on all sporting events {other than the SuperBowl} is, be prepared to miss the game and be pleasantly surprised if you get it!

Good Luck!! :D

The game is on Jan 7, a Friday evening, at 8 pm. It doesn't appear that any other bowl games conflict, so I would think the odds are good, but there is always a question of rights and licensing and so forth, so it can be somewhat of a crapshoot.

We sailed in Dec '07 on Voyager out of Galveston and we did not get any Bowl Games shown even though Texas teams were playing. We put on the comment card how ridiculous that was so here's hoping they learned that lesson! Same cruise again this year. Gig 'em Aggies!

Archived