Baths anyone other than Tortola Charters??

CruizinCupcake

Wow. Did you ever get an explanation? Surely it had to be a pretty serious issue (death, illness) for a company to no-show.

Just wondered....

Kathy

NO! First, when I emailed a final confirmation before we left for our trip they replied that our small group was the only people who had booked and it was below their minimum of 10. They said as a courtesy they would still take us out but we wouldn't get the full excursion. I double checked the pricing, pick up, everything was still correct. So... we got off the boat, waited at their designated meeting spot.... and waited, and waited, and waited. We literally waited at the dock for someone named Carlton for two hours! (Looking back we are so stupid for waiting that long) He never showed up and the tour operators/cab drivers/etc all knew Patouche/Carlton. We finally called Carlton and he said the tour was cancelled because of lack of interest. I caution putting this because it is totally from the tourist information people at the desk but supposedly it had occured the week prior to us getting there as well and a few other times? But who knows, I mean, I wouldn't take that for 100% truth.

So, to make a long story short, they were not apologetic and I had to even fight to get my money back (which we did.) Very sketch situation. I mean, they have good reviews on other websites so... take it for what it's worth. Since people asked I felt obligated to do my "CruiseCritic" duty and respond. ;)

*Knock on Wood* this is the only time we have ever had an issue while cruising! Whewwww!

That is rather shocking considering my dealings with them! So your last correspondence before you sailed led you to believe they would take you out with less than a full boat and Carlton would be there, and then they were a no show? Nicolle was great answering all my mails, as well as those from others sailing with us. Nicolle was passionate about making sure all details were covered and answered every e-mail I sent up to the day I sailed. Sorry to hear about your experience.

Yes, that is exactly our experience. Nicolle was very nice in her emails, explained to meet at the dock, Carlton was our driver, 6$pp, etc. If it could all be chalked up to Carlton or some further misunderstanding we wouldn't have been so upset. Cancellations have happened in the past on excursions and that isn't what frustrated us. In the end, we found something else to do and had a great day. I also realize that they have minimums for a reason and it should be cost effective for them. What was frustrating (embarrassing) was they had asked us to bring friends r/t the "minimum not being met". Which we did... only to be waiting awkwardly at the dock. But what sealed the deal was when we spent our trip home fighting to get our money back. We were at our designated meeting point waiting for two hours...

I'm going to stop here because I *really* don't want to appear like I'm bashing any company on CruiseCritic. This is the first and only negative experience we've ever had. Their reviews are tried and true on TripAdvisor and there are people all over this website with only amazing things to say. I still felt strongly enough with this bad experience that I had to mention it when asked... thus sharing it with others. :confused:

Archived