hooking up a video game on the Magic?

Plankton1

My family will be taking a trip on the Magic in a couple weeks and was wondering if the TVs in the rooms have the ports necessary to plug in a gaming system (a PS2). My 16 year-old would love to play her games or watch DVDs and most hotels and ships we've been on have worked out--a few have not. I know this is a very, very specific question, I'd just hate to bring all this stuff only to find we should have left it at home. Thanks.

From the DCL website FAQs:

Question What electronic devices or appliances are not permitted on board?

Answer Personal VCR/DVD players are not allowed because of compatibility issues with the stateroom TVs. Stateroom categories 1, 2 and 3 feature DVD/CD players. Concierge has a wide range of movies available, ranging from those suitable for kids to those for adults. Guests can make arrangements to check out the movies through the concierge staff at no additional charge.

Nintendo and other video game consoles are not allowed because of compatibility issues with the stateroom TVs. Children can visit the Oceaneer Lab during Family Time to play games on the latest in gaming technology. Teens can play at the Stack or Aloft, depending upon the ship. Guests should check their Personal Navigator for times.

Since Disney has a rule against hooking a game system up to the TV, it would be wrong to do so. Bad, bad, bad.

But, just as an aside for those other hotels where it didn't work out... It is usually the case that the TV does have the inputs to accept a video games system. But the hotel has programmed the TV controls to not allow the user to choose that input. Most 16-year olds can override that with a $8 universal remote control.

Archived