Anyone fresh off the Gem? Laundry question.

Boolie

Hi, and thanks in advance for any info you might send my way. Are they still offering the "press only" option for clothes the first night? Did on Star last year, but can't seem to find if it's still an option.

Again, thanks for all your help.

Its been my experience if one packs correctly there is no need to iron... See the link below of a You Tube video in my signature how to pack in bundles cushioning your clothes instead of piling your clothes on top of one another individually. It usually does the trick... While this method isn't a good way for tours living in and out of different hotels every night, its a good way to pack for one hotel stays of a week or more unpacking once...

Its been my experience if one packs correctly there is no need to iron... See the link below of a You Tube video in my signature how to pack in bundles cushioning your clothes instead of piling your clothes on top of one another individually. It usually does the trick... While this method isn't a good way for tours living in and out of different hotels every night, its a good way to pack for one hotel stays of a week or more unpacking once...

I have used the method that Don provided the link to and it works great.

I appreciate the quick replies. Yes, I did use that packing method last year on our first cruise in many years, and it is fantastic! But there were still a few things that did wrinkle, so I was so happy to use the "press only" special offered that first night.

ALLEDGEDLY, the Gem still has laundry facilities (per folks who were on the TA in November) still with irons/boards in it. However, I'd be willing to bet that while she's in dry dock this week, they might be removed, to update to NCL's new no laundry room policy. Not that I plan on washing anything in just a week...but would probably use an iron, if available.

Again, thanks so much!

I appreciate the quick replies. Yes, I did use that packing method last year on our first cruise in many years, and it is fantastic! But there were still a few things that did wrinkle, so I was so happy to use the "press only" special offered that first night.

ALLEDGEDLY, the Gem still has laundry facilities (per folks who were on the TA in November) still with irons/boards in it. However, I'd be willing to bet that while she's in dry dock this week, they might be removed, to update to NCL's new no laundry room policy. Not that I plan on washing anything in just a week...but would probably use an iron, if available.

Again, thanks so much!

If you do have a few items that need pressing, and are willing to do it yourself, ask the cabin steward for an iron and ironing board. They will arrange for them to be delivered at a mutually agreed upon time... You will most likely have to share them with others who ask as well...

We sailed on the NCL GEM during thanksgiving week. They offer the "Press Only" option throughout the cruise. During the 1st night, they had a 50% off special which we took advantage off.

Hope this helps.

Do you remember whcih day they offered the $25/bag of laundry deal?

If it was mid week, I may pack a bit less and take advantage of it.

On the Nov 20th sailing, the $25/bag laundry deal was Wednesday. However, they only guarantee that it will be done on Friday if memory serves me correctly. We did not take advantage of it as the bag was not really that big and is made out of paper (not like the cloth laundry bags we normally get from dry cleaners).

Again, thanks so much!

The Gem's laundry rooms were closed two years ago, and I recall the HD saying it was the last NCL ship to still have them in operation, with the others having been closed months before.

Archived