South Pacific in January

Grandpop Bert

My wife and I are planning to cruise to the area next January. We'll take the MS Amsterdam from San Diego, spend 6 days in Hawaii, then south for six days in French Polynesia. We have read that this is the rainy season in that part of the world. Does anyone know what "rainy season" really means? Is it something we should be concerned about?

My wife and I are planning to cruise to the area next January. We'll take the MS Amsterdam from San Diego, spend 6 days in Hawaii, then south for six days in French Polynesia. We have read that this is the rainy season in that part of the world. Does anyone know what "rainy season" really means? Is it something we should be concerned about?

Well, whadda you know! I found someone else on this same cruise! I too will be onboard the Amsterdam next January and I sure hope it's not the rainy season in the South Pacific. I was really hoping to get in some SCUBA dives there.

Guess it's a bit too early to start a roll call for this cruise, huh? :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

we've cruised in FP twice in January, hope to go back next January or the next. overall the weather has been very good, hot and humid but mostly dry. you can have great weather or wet weather any time of year, at least it is always hot in January.

Archived